Regular Contributor

All oro nuovo items going back.

Ordered 5 oro nuovo items and cannot believe the quality control. All of them going back. Will get a letter soon that I am returning too much putting the blame on me.
Valued Contributor

Re: All oro nuovo items going back.

The words Oro Nuovo mean "new gold". There is nothing new about this stuff. It is just gold plated costume jewelry. That's fine if that is what you want, but the prices they charge are ridiculous.

Regular Contributor

Your general kind of comment is not helpful. What was wrong with the quality? Some of you think that just because the gold items are filled with resin that it's plating. That's just dumb. You need to educate yourself.

Contributor

They can say that it's not plated because technically it's not gold sprayed , but it's a very thin layer of gold foil on top of the resin.

Just save up and buy one good piece of real gold!

Super Contributor

There is a pair on air right now. Plated silver for 119.88. Some guy named David tripping over his words trying to convince customers that this is a ""deal."" LOL I could buy REAL gold hoops made in ITALY ..for the same price on EBAY.
Super Contributor

On 1/6/2014 maggi the cat said:

Your general kind of comment is not helpful. What was wrong with the quality? Some of you think that just because the gold items are filled with resin that it's plating. That's just dumb. You need to educate yourself.

Resin is the CORE of these plated with real gold jewelry selections. There is a minimum of real gold in them. They have little to no intrinsic value and are being sold to make maximum profit for the company producing them. Just try and sell these ""treasures"" and quickly find out what they are worth.
Contributor

On 1/6/2014 Fluffy_2 said:

They can say that it's not plated because technically it's not gold sprayed , but it's a very thin layer of gold foil on top of the resin.

Just save up and buy one good piece of real gold!

Hi Fluffy,

Is that how they make it plated, by spraying it with gold? I thought jewelry items that are plated are dipped in gold.

Esteemed Contributor

It would be helpful if you told us in what way you found the pieces lacking in terms of quality control.

I bought a pair of earrings from this line and like them very much.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

I'm with Fluffy! Save your money and invest in real gold. All of these ""faux"" gold products are just cheap junk. If you want good costume jewelry go to Nordstrom's Rack. You'll get some good buys. I took the QVC tour in Sept and got to see the other brand of ""faux"" gold in person. It's so cheap looking (Bronzo) that even my costume jewelry looks better than that stuff.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/6/2014 little miss sunshine said:

I'm with Fluffy! Save your money and invest in real gold. All of these ""faux"" gold products are just cheap junk. If you want good costume jewelry go to Nordstrom's Rack. You'll get some good buys. I took the QVC tour in Sept and got to see the other brand of ""faux"" gold in person. It's so cheap looking (Bronzo) that even my costume jewelry looks better than that stuff.

How did you like the tour? How long was it and what all do you get to see on it?