Valued Contributor

All Of My Jewelry Was Stolen

{#emotions_dlg.crying} I'm just now able to talk about it. It happened the end of June, and the police think it was drug addicts in the area who took it off to a pawn shop out-of-state. I also think it might have been connected to people at the tree service who were working on my landlord's property. I live in the garage apartment, and my door is at the back of the house where they broke in while I was at work. No doubt they thought they could gain access to the main house, but weren't able to. The police said "Be glad there was something they could take", or the thieves could have trashed my place in anger - they've seen it before.

I had it all in one of those Lori Siver Safekeepers, so they just took off with that and left me with a busted door. Without receipts or pictures of me wearing the jewelry, my renter's insurance will only give me half of what it's worth. That and an extremely high deductible mean i won't get any compensation.

Besides some Judith Ripka and Honora pieces I'm heartbroken about losing, I lost irreplaceable items from my deceased mother, grandmothers and a great-grandmother.

I need a hug.