Honored Contributor

@nomlesswrote:

@Teddixatwrote:

@2blonde

i have always been curious how families just pick up and move.  Albany lived in California before she went to QVC. Now she’s in Minnesota.  

Albany's Linkedin page says she's in the Austin, TX area.

I understand Albany is a vendor rep, not a host.  As such, she probably flies in and flies out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I don't believe Q has ever let a host......Go.   None!

Honored Contributor

@fthuntwrote:

@fthunt. I recall several.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@fthunt  Yes, they have.  Multiple hosts over the years (and not too distant past either) have been let go by QVC.. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@fthunt  Yes, they have.  Multiple hosts over the years (and not too distant past either) have been let go by QVC.. 

@Caaareful Shopper. I agree with you. I think a number of hosts have been let go by QVC.

Honored Contributor

Re: Albany Irvin on evine

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJwrote:

@fthuntwrote:

A Diva?   I so disagree - if you want a QVC Diva..................JT (tries)  Albany is very sharp -  -extremely capable in electronics - well put together - and has a quick sense of humor.  I don't have a favorite host; but Albany always got my attention.

QVC diva=SK (thinks she is).

totally agree.

I thought Albany was sweet. At first I didn't like her sing song voice, and then I realized it was just her.  She's darling.  I can see her on HSN more than on Evine.

I think the hosts often make more money than their spouses--by a lot!  I imagine it's not easy to pick up and move if one is married, but it's a lucrative job.  These hosts make a lot of money.

Albany certainly had the best figure of any show host.

and she sure made sure everybody knew it. Still think Disneyland would

had been proud to hire her

Super Contributor

I love the jewelry shows from Tucson and the cruise shows. I've bought a number of pieces and they're just my style -- as well as affordable.

And their Cook's Companion kitchen line? I'm an addict. I have a number of pieces because they use ceramic nonstick. I won't use regular nonstick because it contains PTFE, which gives off a gas that is deadly to parrots if overheated (even by a small amount). With four parrots as part of our family (a 20-year old, two 14-year-olds, and an 8-year-old), I won't take the chance. I tossed all of my nonstick when we got our first parrot and havn't bought any since. I've passed up a lot of Cook's Essentials appliances and cookware/bakeware because of it.

Super Contributor

The sets on all of the other shopping channels are cheap and cheesy compared to the Q.

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure Albany flies back and forth to Evine. I see some of her Instagram posts.  It seems she travels a lot.

Her LinkedN profile seems old.  It still talks about her as if she's a current host on QVC.