Respected Contributor

I never watch Evine..clothing looks very cheesy, so do their sets and presentations!

And don't cae about show hosts.

Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde

i have always been curious how families just pick up and move.  Albany lived in California before she went to QVC. Now she’s in Minnesota.  Do these peo0e make that much money as hots that they can just pick up and move and what about their spouses.   Is it that easy to get a job in other places.   Just curious.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Squirrel Lover

I don’t know what the circumstances were that she left QVC but I couldn’t watch her.  Her voice grated on my nerves and she was so hyper I felt my heart palpitating just listening to her.  I am sure she is very well educated and capable but she was over the top.  A friend of mine sons taught school in West Chester and taught one of her children and he said she was a very aggressive parent

Honored Contributor

@Teddixatwrote:

@2blonde

i have always been curious how families just pick up and move.  Albany lived in California before she went to QVC. Now she’s in Minnesota.  Do these peo0e make that much money as hots that they can just pick up and move and what about their spouses.   Is it that easy to get a job in other places.   Just curious.  

Sometimes when a company really wants to hire someone, part of the hiring package are moving expenses.  To what extent?  Depends on the negociation....  I'm sure it's not easy for the spouse to find work, but it's a leap of faith. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u

Good point.   Thank you

Honored Contributor

Re: Albany Irvin on evine

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJwrote:

@fthuntwrote:

A Diva?   I so disagree - if you want a QVC Diva..................JT (tries)  Albany is very sharp -  -extremely capable in electronics - well put together - and has a quick sense of humor.  I don't have a favorite host; but Albany always got my attention.

QVC diva=SK (thinks she is).

totally agree.

I thought Albany was sweet. At first I didn't like her sing song voice, and then I realized it was just her.  She's darling.  I can see her on HSN more than on Evine.

I think the hosts often make more money than their spouses--by a lot!  I imagine it's not easy to pick up and move if one is married, but it's a lucrative job.  These hosts make a lot of money.

Albany certainly had the best figure of any show host.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I never recall Albany treating Gary in a childish manner.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphantwrote:

I never watch Evine..clothing looks very cheesy, so do their sets and presentations!

And don't cae about show hosts.

I occasionally watch, but I do agree about the sets being cheap looking.  I like a few of their brands and I don't mind most of the hosts. 

Respected Contributor

@Teddixatwrote:

@2blonde

i have always been curious how families just pick up and move.  Albany lived in California before she went to QVC. Now she’s in Minnesota.  

Albany's Linkedin page says she's in the Austin, TX area.

Honored Contributor

@lexchewwrote:

I thought she was a great host. She was fun, and knowlegeable and I liked her a lot better than some of the hosts they have now! She is doing a great job on Evine and Evine has great prices on bedding and jewlery! I have been shopping the Q for 30 yrs and Evine when it was Shop NBC. Good luckto Albany, wonderful host!

@lexchew.   Buyer beware of the quality of those linens and the jewelry.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment