Honored Contributor

I had no idea that so many ladies were crushing on the Affinity Diamond guy. The diamonds looked better when he was was selling them? Really? Affinity Diamonds are the same QVC product they always were, he was really just the Affinity Diamond show host. A QVC employee. So now he's at HSN, his fan club can go over there to spend some quality time with him....lol

Honored Contributor

I have several vintage Affinity pieces and they are wonderful, still gorgeous, no problems. The newer pieces are lacking something, can't quite put my finger on it although I've read reviews of dark to black diamond pieces, even in those microscopic chips they use (or are they faceted?).... but I just received their clearanced 14k Angel wing ring in yellow gold and although I absolutely love it and wear it with my wedding rings, the diamonds are extremely tiny. It has some sparkle and shine, but nothing like a cross I have that's about 15 years old... or even a little heart silver bracelet I also have.

So yes, I firmly believe the product "Affinity Diamond" has changed over the years. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

I finally got it ! I just received a diamond Affinity tennis bracelet my sweetheart purchased for me ! 4.5 ct, 14K, gorgeous !!

The OP thinks the Affinity line has gone down hill. Let me tell you, it's not so. I bought some when they first came on QVC, and since, and this new bracelet is just as ravishing as they are.

I'm so pleased with it. If you like and desire Affinity, don't let any of these negative post influence you. They are dead wrong ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Regular Contributor
On 10/16/2014 daisy4 said:

I guess I have to respectfully disagree with the opinions of these posts. I bought Affinity diamonds when they first came out, but after a few years the quality was terrible (grey and cloudy) so I stopped buying them. I decided to try them again not too long ago and have been extremely happy with the results. Yes they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. (and easy pay helps!) I don't know if Michael O'Conner's leaving has anything to do with it, but I know QVC has a new supplier. (I can tell by the where they are sent from.) The diamonds I am getting now are clear, bright and sparkly. J288958, J287971, J317538, J269144, J295762 are just some of the really nice rings. Don't let the pictures fool you, they are beautiful in person - check out the videos.

I have to agree with you daisy4. I have Affinity rings from years ago that are no longer available and the quality back then was pretty poor. Stones were definitely not white. Today they are white and eye clean. And with better quality comes higher prices. I doubt Michael O'Connor has a thing to do with Affinity prices. He was not the buyer of the stones or the designer. QVC just upped the quality which I appreciate.

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Super Contributor

I saw a cluster ring at the outlet last month that was gorgeous. Out of my budget, though!

J274350

Regular Contributor

Oh, that cluster ring is so pretty. Out of my budget too. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Super Contributor

Let me look and I will get my girl to copie it here I say it is a close copie to an original will be back shortly

Super Contributor

Affinity Diamond 1.45 ct tw Yellow Cushion-CutRing, 14K

Super Contributor

it is pretty in person it is almost exact to one I bought myself in Monaco in the late 80's but it is not very durable yet pretty

Super Contributor
On 10/17/2014 BOYINTX said:

it is pretty in person it is almost exact to one I bought myself in Monaco in the late 80's but it is not very durable yet pretty

You tell such whoppers boy. are we pretending to be the 80 or 90 year old lady right now who went to Monaco ??? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

We know her little "boy" hasn't left Texas ! you do love to spin your yarns don't you ? BTW, it's not copie, it's copy ! People in Monaco know this.