Honored Contributor

Adopt the Ebay way of measuring bangle bracelets, so we can order right size

Many Ebay sellers, both manufactuers from overseas and your neighbor selling a vintage bracelet, use inside diameters to measure bangles.  Some use inches, some use millimeters.  You simply purchase a ruler that shows both until you get familiar with metric.  If QVC and other networks gave these measurements online for the three sizes we would have a fighting chance of ordering the right size.  I notice many of us said the recent TSV bangle ran very small and had to be exchanged.  If the bracelet they are selling is oval just give mm x mm or inches x inches. You simply measure a bracelet you own that fits well to have something to aim for.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Adopt the Ebay way of measuring bangle bracelets, so we can order right size

I agree and I've said it before.  Especially with round slip on bangles which are more of a hand issue than a wrist issue (not that the Q has many of those.)  It's so much more convenient to measue a bangle you have at home then simply order the same size, rather than playing the guessing game.

Honored Contributor

Re: Adopt the Ebay way of measuring bangle bracelets, so we can order right size

There is a mathematical formula where you can determine the circumference from having the diameter but I have to call a young math whiz relative to figure it for me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

circumference = 𝝅 X diameter

Honored Contributor

If you wear more than 2 or 3 bracelets or maybe add a watch, as I do, I find it better to have different sizes of bracelets. Three bracelets all 7" would be clumped up on top of each other. I wear a 6 1/2" bracelet, if thin, but thicker links or wider, I go to a 7". Descriptions never say to do that. I also have some that are 7" because I'd like them to fall at different places on my arm when worn with others. 

Honored Contributor

The problem is you can't just say medium and assume it equals a 7 1/4.  Sometimes they list an interior circumfrence and that's even worse. I have one JAI bangle (from when Angela was here) that is a medium.  I have to use soap or Windex to get that thing on and off.  Of course I should have sent it back but I didn't.  I have bought over 30 bangles over the years, mainly some sort of stone like agate, from overseas.  They all fit, and they were cheap, by the way.  Using measurements would allow us to vary the fit as we choose.  

Honored Contributor

I don't have the slightest idea where to find a Pi sign.  Isn't it 2.14, carried out forever?  

Respected Contributor

Pi is 3.14, that's why March 14th is Pi Day! So the circumference is a little more than three times the diameter of a circle.

Honored Contributor

Thank you.  My only defense is that high school was a long time ago and I've never needed it since.  The fact it wasn't an exact precise figure always bothered me.