Respected Contributor

Absolute (HSN) vs. Diamonique (QVC)

I'm assuming we can ask these types of questions now that HSN is not a competitor of QVC...

Has anyone bought Absolute?  If so, how does it compare with Diamonique?  TIA

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Re: Absolute (HSN) vs. Diamonique (QVC)

Just a guess but I bet all CZ is made at the same place.  I have an interesting piece of Absolute.  Was watching Colleen one day and she showed these rings they were clearing out inexpensively.  It's totally carved from a block of CZ, band and all.  It's rather thick and heavy, not real comfortable to wear but a novelty.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I’d rather have the diamonique. It looks a bit more believable and not as bling bling as absolute but I guess it depends what you’re looking for in cubic zirconia. 

Honored Contributor

I own both brands and I can't say that one is any better than the other. I think it just depends on what kind of item it is...ring, earring or bracelet. Both brands can have good ones as well as bad ones when it comes to quality.

Honored Contributor

DMQ, Absolute, Bella Luce; it's all the same product just under a different name depending on the shopping channel.  It's all high quality cubic zirconia.  And I own some from every line.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

DMQ, Absolute, Bella Luce; it's all the same product just under a different name depending on the shopping channel.  It's all high quality cubic zirconia.  And I own some from every line.

I have some from every line as well.  Bella Luce pieces seem to have more silver in their pieces.  I have absolute pieces from Victoria weick when she was on HSN.  Her pieces are very substantial and well made.  I do lean towards Bella Luce on JTV lately.  They have free shipping frequently.  I do enjoy bigger pieces.  Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

I'm assuming we can ask these types of questions now that HSN is not a competitor of QVC...

Has anyone bought Absolute?  If so, how does it compare with Diamonique?  TIA

I have always posted things regarding other channels.  One of the reasonsSmiley Happy these forums are interesting, you can find out opinions about different items on different channels..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's true that the chemical formula for the different brands of CZ are probably the same.  But as with many things,  there are probably quality difference,  either due to the manufacturing  or the standards for the quality that the shoping channel is willing to accept.  As with other 'gemstones'  there can be differences in color, clarity, and how well the stones are cut (against the specifications).  All these factors, and others, will affect how good the CZ looks.

Also the quality the the settings is something to consider.... how heavy is the metal in the setting,  how good is the design, is it silver or gold, is it a base metal, etc.   And if we are looking at designs with many smaller stones,  how well the stones are set and using what technique,  is important.   Some low end CZ jewelry has stones that are glued in because it's cheaper to make them that way.   In the long run,  those stones won't look as good,  the glue will make the stones look cloudy, and the stones will be more likely to fall out.

Also,  Diamonique has had a lifetime warranty on the stones.  I don't think any other shopping channel or CZ line has that.  Using the warranty means you have to save your paperwork from the purchase.  But it is nice to have that warranty.

I have CZ in Absolute and Diamonique.  and both are good.  I've had my CZs for many, many years and they look as good today as they did when bought.  I still have my original Diamonique 14K stud earring bought before 1990,  and they are as perfect today as they were back then.   Once in a while I clean them.

I find unbranded CZs to be of lower quality,  no matter which shopping channel.  The brand name CZ seems to be better quality than the generic CZ,  even on the same shopping channel.   A designers name does not mean the CZ is the best.   Sometimes is just a poorer cut that robs the CZ of sparkle.