Respected Contributor

I just bought my first abalone pieces and I'm absolutely in love. I've never considered it since my love affair was with mother of pearl and pearls. I got a pair of abalone sterling silver earrings and a ring from TJM. 

Does anyone know of other places I can find great abalone jewelry? I would like to get a pendant and maybe a bracelet. Any suggestions of where to go would be very helpful. Thanks.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

Ebay?

Honored Contributor

Re: Abalone Jewelry

[ Edited ]

It's very common and available about everywhere jewelry is sold.  The vendors at Evine, especially Samuel B., frequently have it.  I even have an Invicta watch with an abalone dial, which is pretty but very hard to read.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I know JTV.Com has Abalone jewelry and their prices are really great. Give it a try.

Honored Contributor

For me the most difficult to find are abalone bracelets. Most of the ones I have seen are toggle-style or cuffs. I don't like either. I'd rather have one that is somewhat of a line-style with bezel-set abalone pieces. I ended up buying an abalone stretch bracelet  from ShopLC a while ago and it is very nice but not exactly what I wanted.

Respected Contributor

It's also known as Paua Shell.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all the suggestions; I will take a look and hopefully find something. I don't necessarily plan on wearing more than two pieces at a time since abalone is so eye catching and colorful. I like it so much I can see wearing a pendant and ring one day and earrings and a bracelet another. 

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

For me the most difficult to find are abalone bracelets. Most of the ones I have seen are toggle-style or cuffs. I don't like either. I'd rather have one that is somewhat of a line-style with bezel-set abalone pieces. I ended up buying an abalone stretch bracelet  from ShopLC a while ago and it is very nice but not exactly what I wanted.

@SilleeMee You can take any silver piece to a bead store that most likely also sells silver findings and they usually have someone on site that makes or fixes jewelry. Before I learned to make jewelry myself, I went there and a young lady made a custom pair of sterling silver earrings for a small fee. There, you'll be able to shop for your preferred clasp and they'll even replace it for you. 

~Live with Intention~
Trusted Contributor

Funny I just read this and I have my Abalone on today!  I bought my bracelet and ring from evine (Samuel B. and The Gem Insider.)  My necklace and earrings are from Offerings jewelry.  I also own a ring from JTV.  Abalone seems pretty prevalent when you start looking for it.  I love the swirling, colorful designs of it. 

Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Re: Abalone Jewelry

[ Edited ]

You can buy the shell, but you can also buy wild abalone pearls on the internet and Eyris abalone mabe` which are grown in farms in New Zealand

Find them at Bluepearls dot com

Eyris-Blue-Mabe-Pearls.jpg