Honored Contributor

ARTISAN CRAFTED LOOKS LIKE JAI

Earrings item # J 349912 omega back, silver & 18k gold for $166.48 (5 easy pays). Substantial size and looked like Jai earrings to me...had to check twice!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ARTISAN CRAFTED LOOKS LIKE JAI

They are nice.

I have a couple of rings that are "artisan", from QVC.  They're from gosh, probably 7-8 years ago.

One, a barrel-shaped piece of striated/swirled lavender jadeite set east/west with stacked open work fleur-de-lis on the gallery.  Another is a gorgeous hunk of polished red jasper in a nice amount of silver, with a beaded and rope detail.  The rope detail encircles the band and the shoulder, though smooth inside with lots of plain margin.

That jasper is immovable in the setting, I swear - the silver is molded around the stone high up on the head and the setting is deep.  Not to mention that it could double as a brass knuckle.  I think you could break a nose or tooth with it.  The jadeite piece is set well, too.  Nice and heavy.  Solid and substantial under gallery, both.

Both pieces have seen intense wear, even lots of heavy landscape type work.  If I remember the jadite was part of a Smithsonian collection (probabaly Indonesia) and the jasper is stamped as such, along with the name of the artist.

They were not expensive, either.  I'm no expert but these are great pieces, very well made, and express their origin beautifully.  These were not rushed to be made.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Re: ARTISAN CRAFTED LOOKS LIKE JAI

Yes, they are simiar to JAI in style and price.