Trusted Contributor

Re: ANY MOISSANITE PURCHASERS?

@bootsanne  The "original" stone moissanite was a deposit left from a meteorite.  Eventually it was re-created in a lab by Charles & Colvard who had an exclusive right to the "moissanite" stone.  Now that patent has expired & others can create & sell it.  Moissanite Fire & Moissanite Elite are just brand names JTV uses to determine the kind of metal they place the stone in.  "Elite" refers to placement in genuine gold.  Original Charles & Colvard pieces were only set in gold & top quality.  I love the little studs I have from them.  It's a shame the quality is changing.

Regular Contributor

Actually, their prices are better than the other Moissanite companies out there. I purchased a 2 Ct. solitaire ring here, in 14kt two tone yellow gold, and I were it with my own 14kt gold wedding band with real diamonds. What a beautiful statement the set makes. I love my ring, and the shine is wonderful!. I am very happy with my purchase.

Honored Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

I need some help here.  I thought Moissanite was a natural occuring stone when cut and polished it looks like a diamond, with almost the same hardness.  I thought Moissanie Fire was man-made Moissanite.  My niece bought an expensive Charles Winston Moissanite Fire from JTV in platinum clad.  It was a big, dull, cheap-looking stone in a cheap setting.  I've seen Moissanite in real gold settings that were gorgeous but very expensive, a 3 carat round in gold was around $2500.  Personally, I have never had any luck with JTV.  I do have some very old Diamonique and Absolute rings set in real gold that still look great after 20+ years.

Moissanite is a natural stone originally found in the earth by a guy named Henri Moissan. However, those crystalline stones are way to small to make jewelry with them so they created bigger stones in the lab. @bootsanne 

Valued Contributor

I LOVE my Moissanite!!! I have a pair of 1.5 karat white gold studs. I also have a 2 karat 3 stone ring in white gold. Absolutely beautiful! I don't remember where I purchased them. Have had them for at least 5 years or longer. I would definitely purchase more. Our local Helzberg Diamonds store sells them. I have a diamonique solitaire I purchased 25 years ago. It has lost it's shine. Diamonique vs Moissanite....no comparison! Moissanite all the way!!!

Valued Contributor

@Shanus  There is a huge difference between Diamonique and Moissanite.  Go to a store that sells Moissanite...you will be convinced! 

Valued Contributor

This comment might get zapped but Brillant Earth has beatiful jewelry. I have never ordered from them but their pieces look beautiful!