Respected Contributor

Re: ANTONELLA is going to be the HOST to go to ITALY!!

I think she's a great choice!

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Trusted Contributor

great news,she will do a great job.

Trusted Contributor

I don't mean to rain on the parade, I enjoy Antonella, but I would think if she were truly going, SHE would make the announcement. And if she IS going, then it was rude of Rick to steal her "moment." Rick can have a dry sense of humor sometimes, I hope for her sake he wasn't joking or that you misheard what he said. In any case, I agree it's all rather silly to go to that expense, especially if most of what they show now is Bronzo. I enjoy the shows for the scenery, but not for the jewelry!
Honored Contributor

I don't enjoy her, but then again I don't usually watch the Italy shows either. No biggie for me. Congrats to AN, if that's what she wants.

Super Contributor

On 2/1/2015 Hildegarde Withers said:

They could save a lot of money by not going to Italy.

Film in front of a place that looks like it could pass for Italy and bring in Italian models and no one will know the difference.

I think for the many dollars spent on this trip... they could instead have a nice studio decorated at home.... and offer coupons, discounts or price cuts. No one cares if the scene is shot in Italy.

Respected Contributor

I can tell she is a southern Italian from Pennsylvania . And it is not nececcerly that she would understand easily the people from the north. Italian state language is Florentine, others spoke different dialects . So if someone is not living in modern Italy and only using a family dialect it could be a problem.My friend was born also in southern part and he is 66 now speaks their dialect,but when I bring him CD with modern Italian songs he doesn't understand most of it. Anyway, I am happy for her to go on a company expense ,but she could be a little too much for northern people. They are nice,but pretty reserved and even slightly aloof..Definitely no big hair( very PA,NJ,NY) and no crazy manicures there.
Honored Contributor

Antonella is a good choice, but I enjoyed Lisa and I enjoyed seeing the gowns chosen for her to wear... As for the rest, OP, Really? Let's face it, as the jewelry chosen to feature during these remotes continues to decline, there is absolutely NO reason for these shows to be 'all about the jewelry'... We need an Italian speaking host at an ancient villa in the Italian countryside to describe clad, filled and bronze jewelry featuring Sleeping Beauty (did you hear... the mine is closed...), crystals, black spinel and fake diamonds...? Nope, I really don't think so...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

...well, actually Antonella is a true American of Italian descent. However, it's nice to hear that she will be doing the shows from Italy. She knows and loves jewelry and we won't be subjected to that silly "hoity toity" accent LR slipped into when she did those shows.
Super Contributor

Good for her! She'll do a great job!

Super Contributor

Congrats Antonella! She'll be fabulous. I thought Lisa was fabulous as well!