Respected Contributor

Re: ANTONELLA is going to be the HOST to go to ITALY!!

She's good, but I will miss Lisa's dresses. The gold is boring nowSmiley Sad.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Some posts have way, way too many words. I can't make it through to the end. In pithiness, there is greatness.

Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2015 dc2004 said: A few thoughts. For reference, I am of 100% Italian descent and speak the language fluently: 1) I think QVC does these shows as something special for the viewers. And they would be special if the quality of jewelry was closer to the "Arte D'Argento/D'Oro" lines of years past. 2) I doubt QVC incurs any loss from these shows. They have an Italian channel...use local production people. I'm sure they make a fortune off of the higher-priced jewelry. 3) Neither Lisa or Antonella speak fluent Italian. Antonella has obviously had more exposure to the language - that's obvious by the phrases she occasionally uses and the details about her parents. 4) Antonella clearly loves jewelry and Italian things. It's not racist to have someone whose spent their life immersed in a culture to take on an assignment like this. She's clearly qualified on many fronts. Just like it wasn't racist when they sent Sandra to China after she spent a fair amount of time studying the culture because of her daughter. Antonella seems like a kind and fun person. She really loves jewelry. I think she's a great choice, but we should give her a chance before criticizing her.

Antonella does speak fluent Italian. English was the second language spoken in her childhood home. Her parents and siblings were born in Italy. Her family lives colse to me here in PA.

Buona sera amico.

Frequent Contributor

Great news and I know Antonella will do fantastic shows.

Super Contributor

I agree. Antonella will be great. Can't wait to hear her speak Italian. She does it beautifully. I will never forget, Lisa was selling an Italian horn enhancer, and she called it a tusk. She acted like she knew everything Italian.
Esteemed Contributor

Antonella is wonderful and fabulous. As long as she speaks English while she is on air with QVC is all that matters to me. Her linguistic skills aren't a factor for me otherwise.

Respected Contributor

Fantastic!! Something I know many of us have suggested for a while. Congrats to Antonella for the wonderful opportunity. I look forward to watching her...she will be a delight, with her Italian heritage and her joy & passion for selling jewelry. Nothing against LR before her who also did a beautiful job, but Antonella is just the right refreshing change. Good choice, QVC!!
Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 2/1/2015 chrystaltree said: ...well, actually Antonella is a true American of Italian descent. However, it's nice to hear that she will be doing the shows from Italy. She knows and loves jewelry and we won't be subjected to that silly "hoity toity" accent LR slipped into when she did those shows.

A hoity toity accent? ..... seriously? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Obviously you don't even know what an Italian accent is ...... how many languages have you learned? {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

....surely you don't think that accent LR put on when she was in Italy was supposed to be Itslia......ha....ha ha....so funny.
Super Contributor

Lisa didn't know anything about the Italian culture or the language. It was so put on.
Esteemed Contributor

What is hoity toity? I'm not familiar with that phrase.