Trusted Contributor

Re: ANTONELLA IS IN HER GROOVE & CONGRATULAZIONE !

I totally agree; Antonella is great, so is the Italian QVC host.  It's fun to watch a little bit.  I am disappointed with the lack of real gold.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

Amen! She sure is! Wouldn't you all love to go on a QVC trip to Italy with her?? What a great time, I'd go!
Valued Contributor

Not enjoying the show. Turned it off.
Regular Contributor

authenticity - seeing real streets and views of Italy and Antonella couldn't be more real herself. So enjoyable. My request when we were posting several months ago about the Italy trip was to see more of Italy since it's a country I love and although I didn't get to watch very long I see that they did a good job of that. Bravo.

Occasional Contributor

Not my style of jewelry, but was so refreshing to feel as if I were back in Italy and see, feel, hear the passion of the jewelry and country as only an Italian can do. Fabulous job Antonella!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nycgrl wrote:

I adore Antonella and agree she is definitely in her element big time.  Her love of jewelry is so obvious and sincere.  I do prefer the more laid back event in Italy and not the stuffy fancy dress, etc.  Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the jewelry being sold during this event.  I want gold - not bronzo, resin, or silver plated.  Enjoy the show ladies. 

Hi nycgrl.....  I agree. Antonella did a good job.  However, I have family in Italy and I went to visit last September.  Most of the jewelry the Q is selling is considered to be cheap costume jewelry by Italian women.  Also, the jewelry sold in Italy is breathtaking.  Most of the  jewelry the Q sells is always the same old same old styles.  And from what I've seen most Italian women wear beautiful 18K gold jewelry ... you cannot even  purchase 14k gold in Italy as 18k gold is the standard.

Frequent Contributor

I think she did a super job as well.  I thought it was almost comical in previous years to see someone all dressed up queen like in an expensive gown to try to sell items that were the equivalent to costume jewelry.   This was the perfect host and perfect settings to enjoy watching a show of this type.

Esteemed Contributor

I spend a lot of time in Italy yearly and have for many years. 18k is the standard there and I have purchased a lot over the years. Arezzo is my favored location for gold and silver purchases.. Most older Italians wear a good gold piece or two but they don't spend or wear as much as Americans. The price of gold in Italy is very high and younger people don't buy much gold but silver is equally popular. I can't say they use bronze as they have beautiful rose gold which has always been my favorite. But, young women wear a lot of steel with leather and today you see more of that than gold. Italy has the same economic pressures as we do here so more visitors buy gold than Italians just as a reminder of the trip.