Super Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: ANOTHER disappointing gem day

I would never spend in the thousands for gem stones; however, they use 14K gold so that is why the price is so high. I forget the name of gem stone but it was on earlier in the day (afternoon) and pink in color. The stones were beautiful. I do agree with OP that prices were very high. I would rather have gem stones matched with sterling silver unless the color of the stone calls for gold but it doesn't have to be 14K or 18K but just the gold coating over sterling or whatever it's called. I am waiting for Michael Dawkins to return in Feb. and hope that he has lots of new pieces.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/8/2015 alice87 said:
On 1/8/2015 BlingQueen022 said:
On 1/8/2015 stevieb said:

I saw plenty I liked but I kept looking for the middle ground, only to find that, as is usually the case these days with QVC, there wasn't one... And yes, I too kept looking for garnet and citrine but, well, there just wasn't any to speak of...

That's why I shop on ShopHQ. Give me Michael V any day of the week.

I like his design, and I finally ordered a chunky ring with rare citrine. It was big, with the total weight of less than 2.5 gr. It was hollow, and literally you can't feel it on your finger. I did love the citrine, but I mailed it back, and I spent like 13 dollars in mailing fee. It was the second time I ordered anything from shophq, and my first mistake costed me $200 dollars to fix. This one just 13 dollars in shipping fee. NEVER again. Love QVC.

Sorry to disagree, but I have several and I mean several rings from Michael and I feel them on my finger and the quality of his rings are excellent. As far as I'm concerned he is the king of rings. I guess we all have our opinions.
Super Contributor

I saw plenty I liked but I kept looking for the middle ground, only to find that, as is usually the case these days with QVC, there wasn't one... And yes, I too kept looking for garnet and citrine but, well, there just wasn't any to speak of...

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Yes! Maybe Michael's items might be "over the top" sometimes but at least you're getting quality and the prices for his things aren't bad considering what you're purchasing (I only buy sales items however). Gotta remember that he uses palladium in his silver and he doesn't skimp on metal. And of course his gems are to die for!! Not just that, some of his items are hand painted or carved. But not everyone agrees and that's OK! I wasn't home yesterday for Gem Day but it sounds like I missed nothing!!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't matter to me what type of jewelry ShopNBC, HSN, or any other odd jewelry stations have, they are too tacky for me to watch. I used to watch and purchase from ShopNBC years ago when prices were down but the hosts were almost unbearable for me. No matter what is going on at the Q, it is still the cream of the crop for me.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/9/2015 Crazed4Gems said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Yes! Maybe Michael's items might be "over the top" sometimes but at least you're getting quality and the prices for his things aren't bad considering what you're purchasing (I only buy sales items however). Gotta remember that he uses palladium in his silver and he doesn't skimp on metal. And of course his gems are to die for!! Not just that, some of his items are hand painted or carved. But not everyone agrees and that's OK! I wasn't home yesterday for Gem Day but it sounds like I missed nothing!!

You said it well Crazed!!
Honored Contributor

I thought they did a good job on this Gem Day!!

Valued Contributor

I agree with you I was disappointed in what they showed, every time I checked the price seemed higher, I did not buy any thing and am very disappointed.
Valued Contributor

I thought it was a good day also..
Nice stones and nicely presented..
I didn't buy, but did enjoy.

That's how we roll in the shire..
Respected Contributor

On 1/8/2015 millieshops said:

Sorry you were disappointed. I watched off and on and thought today's jewelry was the best jewelry day I've seen on QVC for many years.

I particularly liked the turquoise offerings as well as the diamonds. We haven't seen turquoise in gold like we did today ever that I can remember.

Me, too! What an amazing selection. I just wish they would change the date for Gem Day to sometime in March, further away from the holidays.