Valued Contributor

Re: AM squash blossom necklace

I own a sand cast , handmade squash blossom necklace. I bought it in Santa Fe. it's very old. It's pawn jewelry. I love it!!
Super Contributor

Jug & Kachina - right on - I, too. as a collector of over 20 years can verify to Carolyn & Bill Pollack's "pristine' reputation. You should certainly return it - no problem there - but just as Kachina said - silver has become light weight these days - but their's is still silver - .925% to be accurate - that is one of the reasons why I search for the older pieces - they are heavy - but it is the sign of the times - silver is thinner these days so if you are buying a newer piece from QVC - that is what you will get - lovely but lighter "STERLING SILVER" jewelry.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the large SB and it is not only a grand statement piece, but an "every day" type of necklace. I find myself reaching for it to wear with all my turtleneck sweaters this winter, as well as casual dresses and jackets. This is not a light weight piece and is certainly all silver.

American West Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Squash Blossom Necklace

Super Contributor

On 1/11/2015 Kachina624 said: By all means send the necklace back if you're not pleased with it. A lot of us here have a lot of Relios jewelry. I measure mine in pounds. It's all in one big jewelry box that weighs 10-15 lbs. I have trouble lifting it from a tall chest of drawers. I've never questioned the authenticity of a single piece nor have I been displeased with the quality. The Pollacks have too much to lose to cheat on their silver. I don't trust many vendors who sell turquoise but it would never occur to me that Relios might slip mystery metal in and call it silver. It may be thin, it may be tinny but I'd stake my reputation on it being "the real deal". By the way, have you noticed that the silver from all lines has become very skimpy? I have. The last Or Paz ring I got I could squash between my thumb and forefinger.

What I highlighted in bold cracked me up because that's how I refer to my collection, in lbs. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Anyhow, I stopped collecting this line because I was the dud magnet! Within the last year, darn near every item I ordered was defective. Although, I've never once doubted any item wasn't made from sterling silver.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I don't question the CP or AW line at all, I have many pieces from QVC and also their website. They enjoy an excellent reputation and I can't imagine anything other than quality pieces. However, having had both pieces of the small and large SB I know that they are both very lightweight. That said, if it were solid sterling it wound be extremely pricey and I can't imagine how heavy it would be. As I said before, there are many options of all sorts of jewelry for all our various tastes and styles. Jewelry purchases can be very emotional and sometimes the least expensive piece is the one we reach for because it feels right. Sometimes, it is the most expensive in our jewelry wardrobe. I do my best to be knowledgeable about designers, origins of stones, reliable stores/shops and to spend my hard earned dollars wisely. These two SB pieces were just not for me for several reasons so I returned them. I have older and newer CP pieces, I have worn them for years and wouldn't give them up for anything, they make me happy. To each her own.
Super Contributor

On 1/11/2015 waterbaby said: I don't question the CP or AW line at all, I have many pieces from QVC and also their website. They enjoy an excellent reputation and I can't imagine anything other than quality pieces. However, having had both pieces of the small and large SB I know that they are both very lightweight. That said, if it were solid sterling it wound be extremely pricey and I can't imagine how heavy it would be. As I said before, there are many options of all sorts of jewelry for all our various tastes and styles. Jewelry purchases can be very emotional and sometimes the least expensive piece is the one we reach for because it feels right. Sometimes, it is the most expensive in our jewelry wardrobe. I do my best to be knowledgeable about designers, origins of stones, reliable stores/shops and to spend my hard earned dollars wisely. These two SB pieces were just not for me for several reasons so I returned them. I have older and newer CP pieces, I have worn them for years and wouldn't give them up for anything, they make me happy. To each her own.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles