Honored Contributor

ALY CARR: WRONG MEASUREMENT INFO

Aly Carr said to measure your bracelet size, use a dollar bill to wrap around your wrist. That may work for a very wide cuff bracelet, but the most accurate way to know the correct size is either measure a bracelet you have that fits well using a string wrapped around it (good for narrow line bracelets) or use a ribbon in about the width of the bracelet described to get close to your size...S,M or L. 

Honored Contributor

Re: ALY CARR: WRONG MEASUREMENT INFO

Does anyone own a cloth tape measure anymore?  Maybe not, since so few people sew.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Does anyone own a cloth tape measure anymore?  Maybe not, since so few people sew.

@depglass I have 2 of them, both sent years ago by QVC.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I have one and I don't sew.  It's handy in certain situations - for example, when I want to measure something in a store but dont want to lug in a big ol' metal tape measure.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

@depglass   Yes, the most accurate is a tape mesasure. 

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

@depglass  I'm one of the last of the Mohicans.  Love to sew, sadly its seems to be a lost art.  📏

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Aly Carr said to measure your bracelet size, use a dollar bill to wrap around your wrist. That may work for a very wide cuff bracelet, but the most accurate way to know the correct size is either measure a bracelet you have that fits well using a string wrapped around it (good for narrow line bracelets) or use a ribbon in about the width of the bracelet described to get close to your size...S,M or L. 

Not surprised.  One of the more recent younger hosts said "this stone will be extinct soon."  

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

There is nothing "wrong" with what she said. Her name is Ali.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

So you can't look at your wrist and tell if you wear a small....medium....large......

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@depglass wrote:

I have one and I don't sew.  It's handy in certain situations - for example, when I want to measure something in a store but dont want to lug in a big ol' metal tape measure.

I mimic what @ValuSkr said. I own 3 cloth tape measures and I do not sew. I too use them when measuring items in the store on at home when I am ordering online (ex: curtains, rugs, wall hangings, etc.)