Honored Contributor

Shoes for shows, I think this is often the result of a mind reading spell check computer program.  It anticipates what you are thinking and types the word for you.  Sometimes this helps, sometimes it backfires.  

Honored Contributor

The only thing that piqued my interest was the Michael Dawkins abalone ring.  But alas, I have a Barbara Bixby abalone ring...

Super Contributor

I watched the show on and off and saw some beautiful pieces. I've never been much of a silver person. I love gold. I did like a couple of Peter Thomas Roth's pieces. He's such a nice man. I was just looking at some gold pieces on here. It seems that there are very few pieces with 5 stars, and a lot with just 1 or 2 stars. QVC is a huge company. Why can't they give us better prices and pieces that don't feel like you're holding a piece of tin? Another question. I saw some things that were 5,6,7 thousand dollars or more. One ring had white sapphire instead of diamons as accents. If I was going to spend that much on a piece of jewelry I want very nice diamonds and not white sapphires. Sorry, my question was this. Are people bying any of these pieces here at QVC?

To all of you that bought something on jewelry day I hope you love what you bought. It's so disappointing to buy something and then when you get it the piece isn't what you expected.

Trusted Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

j356583.jpg

Those are beautiful.  What's the item number?

@IamDoodles 

J356583

Black onyx, malachite, rhodonite or white agate.

I have something similar in black onyx & white agate & kinda similar in malachite so I got the rhodonite. Plus, I thought the pink looked beautiful with the delicate leaves.

Did you get anything yesterday?

Thanks for the item number .  I purchased a Michael Dawkins cuff.  I just couldn't resist.  I need more jewelry like a hole in the head, but jewelry is my passion. 

Trusted Contributor

Didn't watch the shows and haven't bought anything--yet.  I like to shop around; if I see a piece I like from one merchant, I shop around at my other favorite haunts to see if I see something I like just as much for less.  There were a few pieces that interested me and I may eventually buy them, but it seems to me that I have time to shop around.

To those who found a treasure, I hope your purchases meet your expectations.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

The only thing that piqued my interest was the Michael Dawkins abalone ring.  But alas, I have a Barbara Bixby abalone ring...

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon  I really want one of his abalone rings.  They seem so much colorful than other ones I have seen.  

Trusted Contributor

@Pecky  I had ordered J360530 abalone ring the last time he was on QVC.  The ring was absolutely beautiful: large, heavy & substantial.  Unfortunately for me I do not have the long fingers the hosts/models have & the scale was too large for my finger & hand.   I regretably had to return it.  I often wish QVC would indicate the mm size of stones the way Evine does.  This was about 15mm which doesn't work for me as a ring.  If you are lucky enough to have longer fingers I would recommend it.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@novaThat ring is gorgeous.  There is a new one he has but, of course, they didn't present it when he was on.  It does look fairly large and like you my fingers aren't that long. 

Honored Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

Thanks for the item number .  I purchased a Michael Dawkins cuff.  I just couldn't resist.  I need more jewelry like a hole in the head, but jewelry is my passion. 

@IamDoodles 

Oh, I'll bet it is beautiful! His work is gorgeous!

The thing is, a nice cuff bracelet can be worn A LOT! I wear one every day - many I've had for years & years & years. I have several with gemstones but sometimes it's a plain silver one of some sort. I LOVE Southwest & Artisan Crafted especially.

Trusted Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

@IamDoodles 

Oh, I'll bet it is beautiful! His work is gorgeous!

The thing is, a nice cuff bracelet can be worn A LOT! I wear one every day - many I've had for years & years & years. I have several with gemstones but sometimes it's a plain silver one of some sort. I LOVE Southwest & Artisan Crafted especially.

I agree.  cuffs are my favorite type of jewelry.  I have many and wear them daily.  You and I have same type of taste in jewelry because Southwest and Artisan Crafted are my absolute favorites too.  I've never owned any of Michael Dawkins pieces so I am anxious to see how his compares with my other pieces.