Honored Contributor

Ripka has a Diamonique cushion pave ring slashed to 1/2 price around $40. But wait...almost the exact ring in Affinty (real diamonds) for $79. 

Which would you choose?

Esteemed Contributor

Affinity

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

Affinity

@Fressa  Kind of a trick question, no contest. Just wanted to make the point that the designs are so similar, they look copied from each other.

Honored Contributor

If the diamonds fall out of the Affinity, you have no recourse than to replace them yourself. Diamonique will fix or replace the stones, so I guess I prefer the Diamonique.

Honored Contributor

I gave away (to my daughters) most of my diamonds.  Diamonds are a joke (in my eyes).

Take a moment and read this:https://www.gemsociety.org/article/are-diamonds-really-rare/

The article mentions specifically one thing:  How many people do you know who own at least one diamond, no matter how small?  Now, name how many people you know who own real rubies, sapphire's and so on.  See my point?

I only buy diamonique or fake diamonds.  Quick story:

My friend and I have visited several well known jewelry stores.  Each time the vendors come flying over to me because they think all of my fake diamonds (I'd have to be a billionaire) are real.  The joke is her's really are real and worth probably $40,000 or more.  It's not just that they are 'trained' it's also that most people can't tell the difference.

I do own quite a few rubies, sapphire's and so on.  I like the color and the fact that they are real and I can pretty much tell the difference.  If I can't.....well..it's fun pretending.

Honored Contributor

Diamonque ... I have quite a bit of it.   I like it and see no reason to try anything else.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I gave away (to my daughters) most of my diamonds.  Diamonds are a joke (in my eyes).

Take a moment and read this:https://www.gemsociety.org/article/are-diamonds-really-rare/

The article mentions specifically one thing:  How many people do you know who own at least one diamond, no matter how small?  Now, name how many people you know who own real rubies, sapphire's and so on.  See my point?

My friend and I have visited several well known jewelry stores.  Each time the vendors come flying over to me because they think all of my fake diamonds (I'd have to be a billionaire) are real.  The joke is her's really are real and worth probably $40,000 or more.  It's not just that they are 'trained' it's also that most people can't tell the difference.

I do own quite a few rubies, sapphire's and so on.  I like the color and the fact that they are real and I can pretty much tell the difference.  If I can't.....well..it's fun pretending.

@Annabellethecat66. Huh? Must have missed something in your post. How many people own real diamonds? A lot. Engagement rings, inherited pieces, stud earrings, tennis bracelets....It’s a matter of taste and budget. As far as spotting real from fake diamonds...it’s called a jeweler’s loop. Most diamonds, unless you’re more than quite wealthy, are not perfect stones and that’s what makes them look “real” when held next to a Diamonique piece which is made to resemble a perfect diamond...few of which exist.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

If the diamonds fall out of the Affinity, you have no recourse than to replace them yourself. Diamonique will fix or replace the stones, so I guess I prefer the Diamonique.

@blackhole99  The cushion cut pave Affinity earrings I recently purchased were under $80...less than some Diamonique items. If one of the tiny diamonds fell out, I could afford to replace it ($100 at most).

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Your story reminds Mr of my mom. She had some really good diamonds ( inherited ) and she rarely wore them. Once in a while she would load on the rings, and if we went to a jewelry store, the clerks would break their necks to wait on her.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor