Honored Contributor

Re: A beautiful 14 K gold shades of Firestone ring

For some reason, @Dancer 45 does seem to get worked up over threads involving LR.

Trusted Contributor

Exactly very worked up over a globe trotting jet setting legend who is entirely self made.
Frequent Contributor

@JONNYSBRO As someone familiar with Lisa and her business, can you please answer the following?  She deletes any such questions from her FB page.

She is offering a backpack for $349.  She states, "Please note: This item is a pre-order. Payment will be collected at the time of purchase and the bag will ship on or before the week of 2/11/18. Orders will be accepted until Noon ET on Monday, 1/7/18."  She goes on to say that returns will be accepted 30 days from purchase.

Thirty days will have most likely passed before the bag even ships.  And who knows when the customers will actually receive their bags.  

Isn't she essentially saying "final sale?"  Why not come out and say do explicitly?  These customers are shelling out $350 bucks and putting their trust in her.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure I'd want to do business with a merchant who expects pre-payment and isn't going to ship for a month.  What's my recourse if the item never ships?  I thought this practice was frowned upon.  Am I missing something about LR''s business practice?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Proud bravo thanks for that. Dancer gets extremely triggered anytime LR comes up. He thinks she didn't create GILI when it was well known that the basis of that line was on what LR was wearing. It was a QVC owned line but Lisa designed with the design team all the items. The name GILI was from LR. The line was a huge massive success and it woulfnf be celebrating seven years on air. Most lines dont even make it past a year. Um on the garage things most garages I know are pretty messy. Lisa lives in a huge mansion with lots of land. Dont feel she is next to neighbors. It's so funny how Dsmcer gets so angry and I seriously doubt she has traveled the world, have celebrity friends, went to NY fashion shows. Lisa has lived almost a movie star life style. That ring is gorgeous for 14 K. It's crazy how much buzz LR brings to the boards. She literally has more posts then 3 to 4 hosts combined.

Lisa didn't "design" GILI, she bought other's designs and the copied them.  The name even explains that...Got It, Love It. 

Most garages do NOT look like that.

She does have neighbors.

And no, she doesn't have more threads/posts about her than other hosts.  Even though you seem to be trying VERY hard to make that happen.  Shawn still seems to have her best on that one.

You might want to look up the definition of literally.

Nice try though.  Be blessed JB.

Honored Contributor

You're just embarrassing yourself with these childish attempts to get people over to LR's site.  She has her own customer base, she seems to be just fine with her business.  She certainly doesn't need you.  You're fan, so go over their and shop.  I assume YOU bought one of those ring?

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Proud bravo thanks for that. Dancer gets extremely triggered anytime LR comes up. He thinks she didn't create GILI when it was well known that the basis of that line was on what LR was wearing. It was a QVC owned line but Lisa designed with the design team all the items. The name GILI was from LR. The line was a huge massive success and it woulfnf be celebrating seven years on air. Most lines dont even make it past a year. Um on the garage things most garages I know are pretty messy. Lisa lives in a huge mansion with lots of land. Dont feel she is next to neighbors. It's so funny how Dsmcer gets so angry and I seriously doubt she has traveled the world, have celebrity friends, went to NY fashion shows. Lisa has lived almost a movie star life style. That ring is gorgeous for 14 K. It's crazy how much buzz LR brings to the boards. She literally has more posts then 3 to 4 hosts combined.

@JONNYSBRO.  Uh, LR does not live in a huge mansion with lots of land. She lives on a development in a Mc mansion. The neighbors houses are right next to her which you can see on her Facebook photos.

Not only that, it's just a 4 bedroom house on about 1/3 of an acre, smack in the middle of a bunch of other similar homes.

Respected Contributor

I have to say I could really care less about LR.  I think she is a phoney and "thinks" she is high class, but isn't.  I would bet if you would ask an actual "A" lister if they knew her, they would laugh.  Let's ask Meryl Streep when was the last time she lunched with LR (LOL) or let's ask Angelina Jolie when was the last time she purchased jewelry from LR (LOL).  I could go on and on, but you get the picture.  JB (whomever he/she) is pulling our chains.  If it thinks LR is that important, then it needs to rethink. 

For me the part that I don't understand is how it refers to all the alleged facts that can be attributed to LR when we know it is just heresay and make believe.  I truly feel sorry for JB.  Although sometimes I have thoughts of JB sitting there in a room filled with LR pictures and then I feel scared.

Yesterday I saw JB's post and there were no responses for almost an hour.  Deep down inside I hoped we had all taken a silent agreement to not respond to its dribble, but then the temptation to call it out the petty nonsense becomes too great.

The aforementioned ring is as tacky as any dime store jewelry I have ever seen.  It is dated and gaudy.  The "gold" is thin and to state you don't find much 14K sold online is mistaken.   

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@hellodali I was going to sit this one out, but I do not like it when they start jumping on other posters who do not share their opinion.

Trusted Contributor

Heliodali what's mske believe that QVC asked Lisa to design a few pieces based on the clothes she was wearing. What's mske believe that she named the line GILI and launched it on her own show. The LR show was one of the few times QVC put an entire show hosts name in their own show. Yes Jill and David have their own shows. What's make believe the line was a huge success. The only downfall is Lisa got no profits from it as it was a QVC line.