Super Contributor

A Weak Moment - Purchased Affinity 5 Stone Diamond Ring - YIKES!!

I think I am having buyer's remorse over spending so much yesterday during the Gold Rush on that Affinity 1 ct. diamond band ring. I know I have 30 days to look it over and decide whether or not to keep it - it just kind of depends on the quality of the diamonds for me. I've just never ordered something on TV at that sort of price tag. Reviews are really good, though. If the diamonds are nice, that ring in a retail store would be a lot more. So, we shall see.

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Weak Moment - Purchased Affinity 5 Stone Diamond Ring - YIKES!!

Sounds like a great week!!!

Hope you love it! Like you say diamond quality is important.

You do have 30 days so you can let go of your remorse.

Honored Contributor

@moon_gazer you will not be disappointed!  I have 2 that I bought about a year ago....with a couple different ring guards.  The stones are stunning and sparkly!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@moon_gazer  If those diamonds are even eye clean and the setting feels solid, that ring was a great find.

I've been wearing a 5-stone diamond and gold band for the last 18 years.  I'd have to dig out my receipt, but I know I paid hundreds more even then and I know I don't have quite a full carat of diamond weight.  I absolutely love my ring!

I know it's a scary lot of money, but if you really will wear it often and the stones are lovely, I hope you can keep it. 

I consider my worst jewelry purchases to be the things I buy and don't wear enough to have made spending the money worthwhile, not necessarily the most expensive purchases.

@moon_gazer wrote:

I think I am having buyer's remorse over spending so much yesterday during the Gold Rush on that Affinity 1 ct. diamond band ring. I know I have 30 days to look it over and decide whether or not to keep it - it just kind of depends on the quality of the diamonds for me. I've just never ordered something on TV at that sort of price tag. Reviews are really good, though. If the diamonds are nice, that ring in a retail store would be a lot more. So, we shall see.

Trusted Contributor

@moon_gazer,

Do not feel guilty, you bought a ring that you love at an awesome price and if you do not like it back it goes🌻You deserve it and those are the little things that give emotion to life.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moon_gazer ~ and "if" the purchase doesn't sit well with you,

for whatever reason, just return it.  Not really a problem.  

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't...Erica Jong

Super Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

@moon_gazer,

Do not feel guilty, you bought a ring that you love at an awesome price and if you do not like it back it goes🌻You deserve it and those are the little things that give emotion to life.

@CHIP62 - Thank you for your awesome comment. You are right- we only get one shot at this life, so I'm going to try not to feel guilty about this. I've been married 47 years and husband has never bought me anything - I do deserve it for putting up with him!! LOL!!   Woman Very Happy

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Valued Contributor

I bought that ring a year ago as a tsv. It's a beautiful ring and the diamonds were good, but I sent it back because I didn't like the way the diamonds were set. At the time, the tsv price was more and I felt if I paid that much I wanted the stones set in platinum (which, I know, would've cost more)

At the Klondike sale price, you got a good deal

Trusted Contributor

I saw it and it is gorgeous and you deserve it more than you realize. I do things like that all the time as my husband never buys me anything and if he did it would not be what I wanted to begin with lol. So I just shop for myself. Let us know when you get it what it is like.

Trusted Contributor

@moon_gazer - did you get your ring? Are you happy with it?