Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Day of Vicenza Style= a day full of BRONZO!!!

I agree with the poster that with Bronzo at least you know what you're getting. I was gobsmacked to see goo-filled sterling silver pieces yesterday. I don't buy much jewelry as I have two cases of it that I rarely wear, but are metal prices still that high that this is the only alternative?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

All that ""fresh from the fair"" stuff looked a little stale to me. Show me the silver or gold but keep the bronzo for statues in the park.

Super Contributor

I find that David guy a little creepy. Why is he always on? At least I didn't see him with Antonella or Lisa last night. What's with the shaved head? Hate that look.....

Contributor

To state the obvious, someone must buy it or they wouldn't keep selling it....It appears rather expensive for costume jewelry! However I think the same way about the gold plated resin/silicone jewelry...

Honored Contributor

I did not watch the Q yesterday at all, or the day before, or the day before . . . and there are many days coming that I won't be watching. I save a lot of money this time of year. Today I have it on, sound muted, and look up every so often to see what they're showing.

Can't watch CNN right now either, so I'm playing music, which I enjoy more anyway.

As to the bronzo, I wouldn't be surprised if the Q pays the Italian manufacturers to make it for them. The biggest mistake with fake jewelry is to make it really big and gaudy. And they do a lot of that with the bronzo.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

So how did the day go? I didn't turn it on at all since I have no interest in buying any more jewelry of any kind. I wondered if the day would be a total flop.

Honored Contributor

"Bronze is made of copper, tin, zinc, lead, nickel, arsenic, aluminum, phosphorus, manganese. Look it up! And, when the bronze oxidizes there's an entity called "bronze disease" in store for the wearers."

Bronze CAN contain these elements depending on what it's being used for, it doesn't all necessarily contain these things. Most commonly it is primarily copper and some tin. Of course QVC pays gold manufacturers to make the Bronzo. If you recall, it was their solution to high gold prices.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Hibi said:

I find that David guy a little creepy. Why is he always on? At least I didn't see him with Antonella or Lisa last night. What's with the shaved head? Hate that look.....

Yea, if you watched the 'grand' (using that word advisedly...) finale, we were spared his presence with Lisa, but he did put in an appearance with Antonella. I was flipping through and saw him, so kept going. As for that finale, I had to turn it off after a couple of hours. It was just so boring. They can ooh and ahhh over this stuff all they want to, can feign ordering on air for themselves and the models and I'm still SO not impressed.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/25/2014 stevieb said:

Oh for heaven's sake Lisa, can we give this whole fable of that buyer 'calling in favors' a serious, serious break? It's gotten absolutely, absolutely tedious...

Ha, I was laughing to myself when I heard Lisa say that "again", too. Then I switched over to watching the football game and I don't even root for either of those teams!

Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 GinaV24 said:
On 9/25/2014 stevieb said:

Oh for heaven's sake Lisa, can we give this whole fable of that buyer 'calling in favors' a serious, serious break? It's gotten absolutely, absolutely tedious...

Ha, I was laughing to myself when I heard Lisa say that "again", too. Then I switched over to watching the football game and I don't even root for either of those teams!

Gosh, almost anything is an improvement over QVC these days. I switched over to something, I don't even remember what, and yet it still had to have been better than another hour of costume jewelry.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...