Honored Contributor

Re: A Day of Vicenza Style= a day full of BRONZO!!!

On 9/25/2014 mysweetlife said:
On 9/25/2014 stevieb said:
On 9/25/2014 Favorite Son said:
On 9/24/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

QVC always milks a trend for all its worth ......... not long ago we were drowning in druzy .... then it was black spinel .... and now it's turquoise and bronzo ...... hopefully, it will be over soon. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

True enough. One can only imagine the next thing that will be shown and hawked endlessly. I'm sure that that head buyer who manages to procure it will still be deemed a buying genius, though. I've seen a few hours of the programming today and he is starting to appear downright odd on air.

First, yes, without question they have fully and completely trashed the Vicenza label. And oh gosh, don't even get me started on the buyer... YET another downside to the 'new' jewelry foisted out there these days by QVC is that comes accompanied by him... The hosts wear it very thin touting his excellence... First of all, WE are the customers and we get to decide how excellent OR NOT the offerings are. In addition, him telling me how great something is, is SO not convincing. Personally, it seems to me he procures the same basic things over and over again, so I don't want to hear how brilliant he is nor about how many favors he called in to bring something to us. That particular line is used so much that it's become paper thin. It stretched credibility the first time, at this point it has none whatsoever... Added to all that, his television 'presence' is nil. He adds nothing to these presentations and why they have to keep wheeling him out there to help the hosts do their job is beyond me.

Perhaps the hosts appreciate the buyer coming out so that some of the blame for the outrageous claims of exclusivity for their junky base metal jewelry can be deflected onto him. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Perhaps so... I can't blame them... Too bad TPTB seem to expect the hosts to genuflect before him...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 GinaV24 said:

Oh yeah a day of bronzo and david markstein. Ho hum. I don't find him in the least bit interesting to listen to - I'd far rather have Peyton Kelly.

I have a few bronzo pieces and I'm not unhappy with them but I don't really feel the need to buy a lot more. IMO it is costume jewelry and that's fine, I have some really fun pieces of costume jewelry so I'm not putting that down at all, but Q really is trying to sell the bronzo as if it is valuable and IMO it is not.

I was tempted by a necklace but have decided that keeping my wallet, so to speak, in my pocket is a better idea.

I completely agree with you, Gina.

Contributor

I agree, I am so not buying any brass jewelry.

Contributor

On 9/25/2014 WillEscapeCAsoon said:

I'm with you. How stupid do they think we are?

They must think we are REALLY stupid. Not this girl.

Respected Contributor

But, wait it must be really great or LR wouldn't want it in her GILI line right?? Lol!! Sorry I coundnt resist! Smiley Happy She's makin a killin off this stuff too!!
Honored Contributor

QVC always milks a trend for all its worth ......... not long ago we were drowning in druzy .... then it was black spinel .... and now it's turquoise and bronzo ...... hopefully, it will be over soon. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I think the next fad will be fluorite, although it just looks like watered-down amethyst. It's widely available and the mine isn't closing.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 kachina624 said:

I think the next fad will be fluorite, although it just looks like watered-down amethyst. It's widely available and the mine isn't closing.

Bet they find a way to close it...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

And by the way, did you know, that Sleeping Beauty mine is STILL closed...?

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

Oh my, and they've rolled that buyer out YET again.

{#emotions_dlg.scared} Cool

Respected Contributor

On 9/25/2014 stevieb said:
On 9/25/2014 kachina624 said:

Bet they find a way to close it...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

And by the way, did you know, that Sleeping Beauty mine is STILL closed...?

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Talk about QVC beating a dead horse! Some sell tactics are funny! I do like Antonella but sometimes she says odd things too!
Super Contributor

At least you know what you're getting with the bronze. What about the resin filled? They just showed a cute little ring "oro" something, but they also had 14k in the title. I gather that's resin filled for 39.99 but I personally find it a little deceptive. How much 14k is actually on the ring and do they always announce that the pieces are resin filled? I happened to catch the presentation at the end and didn't hear.