Respected Contributor

Re: A Day of Vicenza Style= a day full of BRONZO!!!

I would like to know the difference between Italian Bronze and American Bronze......

please don't answer that question, these shows are just ridiculous that they are pitching Italian factory made bronze jewelry as something of elegance and value....really?

Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 Favorite Son said:
On 9/24/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

QVC always milks a trend for all its worth ......... not long ago we were drowning in druzy .... then it was black spinel .... and now it's turquoise and bronzo ...... hopefully, it will be over soon. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

True enough. One can only imagine the next thing that will be shown and hawked endlessly. I'm sure that that head buyer who manages to procure it will still be deemed a buying genius, though. I've seen a few hours of the programming today and he is starting to appear downright odd on air.

First, yes, without question they have fully and completely trashed the Vicenza label. And oh gosh, don't even get me started on the buyer... YET another downside to the 'new' jewelry foisted out there these days by QVC is that it comes accompanied by him... The hosts wear it very thin touting his excellence... First of all, WE are the customers and we get to decide how excellent OR NOT the offerings are. In addition, him telling me how great something is, is SO not convincing. Personally, it seems to me he procures the same basic things over and over again, so I don't want to hear how brilliant he is nor about how many favors he called in to bring something to us. That particular line is used so much that it's become paper thin. It stretched credibility the first time, at this point it has none whatsoever... Added to all that, his television 'presence' is nil. He adds nothing to these presentations and why they have to keep wheeling him out there to help the hosts do their job is beyond me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

On 9/25/2014 stevieb said:
On 9/25/2014 Favorite Son said:
On 9/24/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

QVC always milks a trend for all its worth ......... not long ago we were drowning in druzy .... then it was black spinel .... and now it's turquoise and bronzo ...... hopefully, it will be over soon. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

True enough. One can only imagine the next thing that will be shown and hawked endlessly. I'm sure that that head buyer who manages to procure it will still be deemed a buying genius, though. I've seen a few hours of the programming today and he is starting to appear downright odd on air.

First, yes, without question they have fully and completely trashed the Vicenza label. And oh gosh, don't even get me started on the buyer... YET another downside to the 'new' jewelry foisted out there these days by QVC is that comes accompanied by him... The hosts wear it very thin touting his excellence... First of all, WE are the customers and we get to decide how excellent OR NOT the offerings are. In addition, him telling me how great something is, is SO not convincing. Personally, it seems to me he procures the same basic things over and over again, so I don't want to hear how brilliant he is nor about how many favors he called in to bring something to us. That particular line is used so much that it's become paper thin. It stretched credibility the first time, at this point it has none whatsoever... Added to all that, his television 'presence' is nil. He adds nothing to these presentations and why they have to keep wheeling him out there to help the hosts do their job is beyond me.

Perhaps the hosts appreciate the buyer coming out so that some of the blame for the outrageous claims of exclusivity for their junky base metal jewelry can be deflected onto him. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

It's nothing but Bronzo garbage. I did see one 14K bracelet that weighted a staggering 4 grams.

Italy produces this c r a p (and that's exactly what it is) and as Italian, I'm ashamed.

Super Contributor

Every time I've turned it on today they are showing a Bronzo piece. When did that become Vicenza style?

Esteemed Contributor

Oh yeah a day of bronzo and david markstein. Ho hum. I don't find him in the least bit interesting to listen to - I'd far rather have Peyton Kelly.

I have a few bronzo pieces and I'm not unhappy with them but I don't really feel the need to buy a lot more. IMO it is costume jewelry and that's fine, I have some really fun pieces of costume jewelry so I'm not putting that down at all, but Q really is trying to sell the bronzo as if it is valuable and IMO it is not.

I was tempted by a necklace but have decided that keeping my wallet, so to speak, in my pocket is a better idea.

Super Contributor

I'm with you. How stupid do they think we are?

Esteemed Contributor

Oh well, still better as background noise than Bose, Sleep number beds, or computers.

Valued Contributor

I will not be spending any of my money on this junk!!

Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 colliegirls said:

Oh well, still better as background noise than Bose, Sleep number beds, or computers.

Oh, they save the 'good stuff' for the weekends...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...