Respected Contributor

Re: A Day of Vicenza Style= a day full of BRONZO!!!

I haven't been watching. I was hoping for more unfilled 14K. I'm sad to see this happening.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 Favorite Son said:
On 9/24/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

QVC always milks a trend for all its worth ......... not long ago we were drowning in druzy .... then it was black spinel .... and now it's turquoise and bronzo ...... hopefully, it will be over soon. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

True enough. One can only imagine the next thing that will be shown and hawked endlessly. I'm sure that that head buyer who manages to procure it will still be deemed a buying genius, though. I've seen a few hours of the programming today and he is starting to appear downright odd on air.

Favorite Son-Did you get a chance to read about ISO? Hope that helps you to understand manufacturing/fulfillment operations.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Me either, I want a well-known metal, sterling silver or 14k gold!

Trusted Contributor

They do have the Vicenza silver so I am liking that.

Trusted Contributor

I have not even turned the channel on today. I looked at the ""New Arrivals"" on line and that was it.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/25/2014 FlowershopGirl said:

They do have the Vicenza silver so I am liking that.

I'm not into Resin or Bronzo either, but I am keeping an eye out for the silver and the 14k gold. I'm waiting on a rolo or status link bracelet that Jill is wearing and so was the model. I'm hoping it's in silver as I got rid of all my silver and now am looking to get one nice pair of earrings, one good necklace I ordered on Ebay and I need a nice bold ring and bracelet. I'm hoping this is the bracelet.

Respected Contributor

On 9/25/2014 Chi-town girl said:

QVC always milks a trend for all its worth ......... not long ago we were drowning in druzy .... then it was black spinel .... and now it's turquoise and bronzo ...... hopefully, it will be over soon. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

True enough. One can only imagine the next thing that will be shown and hawked endlessly. I'm sure that that head buyer who manages to procure it will still be deemed a buying genius, though. I've seen a few hours of the programming today and he is starting to appear downright odd on air.

Favorite Son-Did you get a chance to read about ISO? Hope that helps you to understand manufacturing/fulfillment operations.

You must be joking, because the alternative isn't a very attractive one. I know all about ISO. I worked for three years in the electronics manufacturing industry, and another five years in the specialty chemicals industry.

Your comments about ISO within the context of a discussion about blaming Louis for manufacturing defects weren't on point. What you know about ISO isn't relevant to my admittedly harsh response to those getting up on a soap box blaming or criticizing without any personal knowledge of how QVC handles its vendor relationships. That's my beef: unless you know, you really have no basis to demand that Louis accept responsibility.

ISO is one thing, but commercial parties are generally free to structure their relationships as they desire - including a requirement or other commercial incentive to use a particular factory or subset of factories, the requirement to supply at a particular price point, the establishment of what is termed an acceptable defect rate, how the purchase contract allocates responsibility for checking the quality of the final product, and what happens when the defect rate is exceeded on a particular order or during a particular contract relationship. What I was trying to say is that it is highly unlikely that anyone on these boards really knows who has responsibility for what in the QVC/vendor relationship. Those are matters of contract clauses, generally closely guarded, and privy only to those with a need to know.

So responding with how much you know about ISO wasn't really helping your point. ISO is a set of international standards by which companies control their processes and products. Contracts are private matters.

I'm not trying to be harsh again here; it's just that relevance is an important aspect of fruitful discussion, and responding with a comment about ISO wasn't relevant to the point I was trying to make. Speak from a position of knowledge and truth, not from one of conjecture and hyperbole, as happened with the original poster on that thread.

Honored Contributor

Looking at the items recently aired shows it all and demonstrates what's wrong with QVC jewelry.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 Chi-town girl said:

You must be joking, because the alternative isn't a very attractive one. I know all about ISO. I worked for three years in the electronics manufacturing industry, and another five years in the specialty chemicals industry.

Your comments about ISO within the context of a discussion about blaming Louis for manufacturing defects weren't on point. What you know about ISO isn't relevant to my admittedly harsh response to those getting up on a soap box blaming or criticizing without any personal knowledge of how QVC handles its vendor relationships. That's my beef: unless you know, you really have no basis to demand that Louis accept responsibility.

ISO is one thing, but commercial parties are generally free to structure their relationships as they desire - including a requirement or other commercial incentive to use a particular factory or subset of factories, the requirement to supply at a particular price point, the establishment of what is termed an acceptable defect rate, how the purchase contract allocates responsibility for checking the quality of the final product, and what happens when the defect rate is exceeded on a particular order or during a particular contract relationship. What I was trying to say is that it is highly unlikely that anyone on these boards really knows who has responsibility for what in the QVC/vendor relationship. Those are matters of contract clauses, generally closely guarded, and privy only to those with a need to know.

So responding with how much you know about ISO wasn't really helping your point. ISO is a set of international standards by which companies control their processes and products. Contracts are private matters.

I'm not trying to be harsh again here; it's just that relevance is an important aspect of fruitful discussion, and responding with a comment about ISO wasn't relevant to the point I was trying to make. Speak from a position of knowledge and truth, not from one of conjecture and hyperbole, as happened with the original poster on that thread.

Not joking at all. While I appreciate your bold approach and many of your posts, you get angry over other posters opinions and act like some authority when you are not! I saw "the word" you typed before changing it---really out of line. Sometimes, your comments are very harsh and not in a flattering or complimentary way TO YOU. It only reduces your credibility. My only suggestion is that you tolerate others being bold, and posting harsh views. If I or any other poster wishes to "challenge" a vendor, let it be. Unlike what occurs with Lisa or Susan or many other females associated with QVC, LDO and the other men rarely if ever get attacked personally. This is about HIS BUSINESS, not him personally. All of this heightened sensitivity and defensiveness pushes potential customers away, further hurting the product line.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

If I may add, Favorite Son you're a fantastic writer.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____