Honored Contributor

Re: $998 for ""Synthetic Quartz"" Really Judith?

If the buyer is considering re-sale eventually, then yes, there are other points to consider besides just loving the "look" of the piece, real stones, real metals, the design, etc. etc. But I can tell you from re-selling experience that Judith Ripka's resale is (at the moment) is exceptional. The ladies love it, really want it and will buy it at pretty much whatever you ask....

So yes, they're spending real money for Judith Ripka bling, bogus or not.... brand new or used.... BROKEN or not..... Smile

I just sold a broken bracelet and a broken pair of earrings with full disclosure at a a fraction of their worth. Sold in one day for what I asked.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

Cleaning out my mothers house just found a trunk packed full of mama's costume jewelry that she has collected for at least 65 years she never wore jewelry just collected it, my point is I could make a killing on it comparing as to what the cheap made in China is selling for.I would never sell any of it.Just saying
Esteemed Contributor

A sucker is born every minute!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Isnt she something, a big old cheshire cat, hahahah, laughing ll the way to the bank.

Valued Contributor

On 3/16/2015 GoodStuff said:

Some sterling silver and REAL semiprecious stone bracelets from Amazon and Overstock........just to drive home the drastic difference in price for better materials.

Sterling and REAL amethysts. $189.99.

Sterling and REAL amethysts. $199.99.

Sterling and REAL lapis. $132.99.

Sterling, smoky quartz, and citrine. $135.99.

you got it girlfriend, a huge difference, JR , and I have plenty, looks like tin foil.

Frequent Contributor

Goodstuff you and I think alike...OMG lets not care how much we pay for fake as long as I'm getting the design. What design, who can't design a heart shape pc of jewelry? Haven't seen anything new from her in yrs except maybe a face job! If you want design lets talk BB...JMO so don't get those undies in a knot...What you toss your throw your money away on is your business..

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/14/2015 kalikokty said:
On 3/14/2015 GoodStuff said:
On 3/14/2015 KathyPet said: WHen I buy JR jewelry I am not buying for the stones. I don't care if they are real or not I am paying for the design of the piece.

She's got you right where she wants you, my dear.

Ditto. Her prices are RIDICULOUS.

Totally agree

Esteemed Contributor

Ditto and dated
Frequent Contributor

I have some of her pieces and really enjoy them. She's a very good designer. And actually the stones she uses are good for commercial quality. And commercial quality is what every designer on QVC uses.

Frequent Contributor

On 3/17/2015 blankette said:
On 3/16/2015 GoodStuff said:

Some sterling silver and REAL semiprecious stone bracelets from Amazon and Overstock........just to drive home the drastic difference in price for better materials.

Sterling and REAL amethysts. $189.99.

Sterling and REAL amethysts. $199.99.

Sterling and REAL lapis. $132.99.

Sterling, smoky quartz, and citrine. $135.99.

you got it girlfriend, a huge difference, JR , and I have plenty, looks like tin foil.

It's really about taste. I don't find those gemstones in the above to be especially pleasing. The first two I could make myself and I have only basic jewelry making skills.