Frequent Contributor

Re: $998 for ""Synthetic Quartz"" Really Judith?

Also, Sam's (the Walmart big box store that sells huge packages of toilet paper, etc.) sells Judith Ripka.
Occasional Contributor

It's called Judith Ripoff Jewelry!
Super Contributor

On 3/14/2015 Lotus~ said:

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

How ridiculous!!

Quartz is one of the cheapest natural stones out there and she's using synthetic and charging THAT kind of cash?

Who buys this stuff?

Apparently enough people buy it to justify the cost and effort that went into the manufacturing / production process.

Super Contributor

On 3/14/2015 hyacinth003 said:

I am not a fan of most of her designs.

Just not my particular taste. To each their own, that way.

However, I am astounded at the prices of her stuff. There is NO WAY I would pay that much for Diamonique and other synthetic stones.

I don't even watch her shows anymore.

I know we can all be very different in what appeals to us in jewelry.

But, I find her prices outrageous, and would just NOT buy it.

Hyacinth

Judith Ripoff=Judith Ripka {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

Who buys this stuff???

And the huge, garish pieces - where can you even wear them????

Respected Contributor

On 3/16/2015 Stella Dallas said:
On 3/16/2015 child prodigy said: Also, Sam's (the Walmart big box store that sells huge packages of toilet paper, etc.) sells Judith Ripka.

Yes, I heard about that and I've heard it speculated that's one reason why some higher end outlets don't carry Judith Ripka any more.

BTW, she looks like she's had a LOT of work done. I don't normally notice such things but my sister mentioned it recently; I took a look and yes, she does look like she's had her face worked on, especially her nose. That nose! -- what a mistake.

The Sam Clubs in my area phased out her jewelry, cutting the prices to the bones. I posted my awesome finds a few weeks back.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I can't afford those particular pieces, but I ordered her TSV bangle bracelet last week. I just received it and it is gorgeous and weighty. I am happy I don't feel ripped off with the few pieces that I have.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/16/2015 Hoovermom said:
On 3/16/2015 Stella Dallas said:
On 3/16/2015 child prodigy said: Also, Sam's (the Walmart big box store that sells huge packages of toilet paper, etc.) sells Judith Ripka.

Yes, I heard about that and I've heard it speculated that's one reason why some higher end outlets don't carry Judith Ripka any more.

BTW, she looks like she's had a LOT of work done. I don't normally notice such things but my sister mentioned it recently; I took a look and yes, she does look like she's had her face worked on, especially her nose. That nose! -- what a mistake.

The Sam Clubs in my area phased out her jewelry, cutting the prices to the bones. I posted my awesome finds a few weeks back.

It's amazing that such a so-called prestigious designer's jewelry ends up being sold in big box stores. If people stop paying the ridiculous prices on the Q, maybe she'll be phased out there as well, just like other designers/vendors. Really, how many pieces of her jewelry do people need or just have to have because it's a Ripka? If another vendor, not so known, brought those pieces with those outrageous prices to the Q, I guarantee people wouldn't be buying and the line would be gone.
Trusted Contributor

Some sterling silver and REAL semiprecious stone bracelets from Amazon and Overstock........just to drive home the drastic difference in price for better materials.

Sterling and REAL amethysts. $189.99.

Sterling and REAL amethysts. $199.99.

Sterling and REAL lapis. $132.99.

Sterling, smoky quartz, and citrine. $135.99.

Trusted Contributor

Overpriced? Yes, but what isn't? I surely don't intend to spend my money on it , and that is my business , just as it is none of my business what you spend your $$ for. I pay no attention to what other's pay for anything as it is their funds - with the exception if they find a good bargain , I want them to share !Wink

Why begrudge others enjoyment ? Move on to a different brand / item if the style /price isn't for you.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad