Frequent Contributor

Re: $998 for ""Synthetic Quartz"" Really Judith?

I do like JR designs, however I find most of her pieces look so much alike.

Esteemed Contributor

There are plenty of postings on these boards about how people choose to spend teir money. Some posters collect D&B bags. Others have a favorite designer and every time he comes on with a new item they buy one of that item in every color and even 2 of some colors so they have a back up,pair. I am always amazed that people would want to wear the same piece of clothing over and over again just in different colors but it's their money and they can spend it however they choose. It really is their business and no one else's.
Esteemed Contributor

The more I thought about it, that ring was 200 dollars after tax and shipping. Only thing real on it was the silver. I ended up canceling due to the cost. I really didn't want to pay 200 dollars for it. I probably wouldn't wear it a lot. I made the right decision to cancel it.
Honored Contributor

I have a couple of bracelets from a few years ago but don't even check out her jewelry anymore. I am tired of all the fake stuff...dmq, synthetic gems, doublets. You'd think she could put some real gems in her jewelry given the crazy prices.

Valued Contributor

I've never bought any of her jewelry.
The last time I spent a thousand dollars on jewelry,
I got a ring in 14K gold with diamonds and rubies.
THAT was worth the price!

I do like her designs, but just too much for what they are
made of..

That's how we roll in the shire..
Respected Contributor

My first question is, didn't Judith sell her company and wouldn't they be setting the direction and pricing? Second, I love JR's jewelry and have a very nice collection of it. However, I have been pretty much priced out of the line. Even if I could afford to spend the money, I probably wouldn't unless it was something I couldn't live without. I might be more inclined to save up and get something in gold from her couture line at this point. I don't begrudge anyone buying her stuff and finances are personal and private. I'd have to assume that anyone who can buy can afford it and I'm not their finance administrator. Lol.
Frequent Contributor

I think all of the designer jewelry prices have gotten a bit out of hand. I am a loyal Michael Dawkins fan , but mostly have to buy his items on ebay , unless I get a good clearance price on Q. I love his designs because they go with my life. I am a "young" 51 yr old and find his pieces to be edgy and more casual, yet nice enough for the office.

I watch the Judith Ripka shows and find some of her things to be very pretty, but most of it just looks too "fancy pants" for me. I don't go to gala's, benefits, and balls. But--we all, have or own taste, and are free to buy what we enjoy.

I'm also happy to see Scott Kay here now!

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a fan of JR or her designs; they are too ornate. I too live in NJ and worked in NYC 28 years, just retired. I never felt unsafe in NYC particularly in the jewelry district; there have been occasional robberies but no worse than on Madison Ave. or any other city, probably less , because private security is on site in many shops. I purchase authentic there at good prices as well as in China Town. That being said, I would not pay for paste as you are basically getting glass, resin or plastic. Yes, the fake have more clarity than authentic but then, glass does have clarity but jewels like emeralds are an investment. I enjoy my jewelry but if I am spending a considerable amount, I would like it to live on after I am gone for others to enjoy. JR jewelry will not increase in value over time and probably worth zero dollars except maybe for the metal and to collectors of JR. Many may enjoy and are purchasing a fantasy as JR pieces are recognizable and some probably enjoy comments from admirers who do recognize their JR pieces along with the assumption, they were purchased on Madison Avenue not QVC. For me, I just can't rationalize spending my hard earned money on fake and would rather give it to a homeless person sitting outside her store on Madison Avenue than to JR. My understanding is that she is not too gracious to her employees. But, as pointed out, it is your money and you spend it as you see fit and I do hope you enjoy your jewelry and these are just my opinions.
Esteemed Contributor

such unneeded drama

Honored Contributor

On 3/14/2015 BlingQueen022 said: I ordered the ring. I don't care if it's real or not. What I spend my money on shouldn't concern anybody.

quote of the day