Esteemed Contributor

Re: $998 for ""Synthetic Quartz"" Really Judith?

I have never ever bought a piece of jewelry as a investment because except for diamonds it is not a investment. used jewelry is exactly that used jewley and there is virtually no market for it. if it is gold you might be able to,sell it for the gram weight of the gold but anything else is worth pennies on the,dollar. Don't believe me check EBAY for what items sell for.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/14/2015 Amazinggrace2 said:

It makes me sad as to how inferior her jewelry line is for QVC. Her Madison Avenue collections are the real deal, and you'd never catch that clientele blase regarding quality, clarity and style.

She outsources the Q products overseas and the return rate is staggering---check out reviews regarding poor quality, cheapness of metals, etc.

Why, oh why would one purchase chunks of fake stone glued to a base for 1.5K? You could absolutely purchase better pieces at your own jewelers or, if you have the time, estate sales.

I mean no disrespect for those on this thread who enjoy JR jewelry and I tip my hat to your choice to purchase what you wish. But do be an informed consumer and take stock on the real value of her products. It's your money.

Words to the wise. Honestly, if you have a thousand or two to spend, you can buy some beautiful pieces of truly fine jewelry.......real gold or heavy silver, genuine gemstones, nice quality.

Regular Contributor

I think the point has been made but I'd love to know where to find emeralds with so much clarity?? Seriously I don't think I've ever seen a bracelet with so many clear emeralds. Out of my price range but I'd sure love to see photos if anyone has that cuff just shown.

Super Contributor

On 3/14/2015 BlingQueen022 said: I ordered the ring. I don't care if it's real or not. What I spend my money on shouldn't concern anybody.

Enjoy and let us know how you love it! I just love her blue hematite jewelry!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

How fabulous for Judith that people don't care if it's real or not. Kudos to her. I always say its your money, do as you like.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/14/2015 Johnnyeager said:

How fabulous for Judith that people don't care if it's real or not. Kudos to her. I always say its your money, do as you like.

So what you're really saying is that she doesn't really care about what her customers think. Yes it's so fabulous as she's laughing all the way to the bank.
Super Contributor

On 3/14/2015 luvtoshopathome said:
On 3/14/2015 GoodStuff said:
On 3/14/2015 KathyPet said: WHen I buy JR jewelry I am not buying for the stones. I don't care if they are real or not I am paying for the design of the piece.

She's got you right where she wants you, my dear.

Any jewelry company can put a bunch of synthetic stones together in a design but you better believe that none of it will cost $999.99. You can buy real gold for the prices she charges. It's all about the money and greed. She charges these prices because of her Ripkanista following since they don't care what the cost, even though some even said they couldn't afford a piece but buy it anyway because they just have to have it because it's a JR. If people stopped buying and said enough is enough with these outrageous prices, you better believe the prices would come down. She has to make her money on the Q because her stores are closing and her pieces are showing up in big box stores! Her fans think it's investment jewelry, well they better think again. It's sterling silver and fake diamond stones and synthetic or low grade stones, sorry but that's not investment jewelry.

Money and greed - describes her to a "t". Her fan club is so gullible, it's totally laughable.

Esteemed Contributor

There is no reason to be nasty to the posters who want that cuff. They are more than capable of making their own purchase decisions.

Honored Contributor

FYI, the vendors do not set the prices. QVC does.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/14/2015 luvtoshopathome said:
On 3/14/2015 Johnnyeager said:

So what you're really saying is that she doesn't really care about what her customers think. Yes it's so fabulous as she's laughing all the way to the bank.

Yeppers.