Trusted Contributor

Re: $998 for ""Synthetic Quartz"" Really Judith?

On 3/14/2015 Penellope said:

They just presented an amethyst slice cuff, available in two widths. The $1524 version had stones of terrible quality. They were very cloudy. Amethyst is not expensive. They could at least use better stones.

Why bother? The faithful cheerfully admit that they don't care if the stones are real or not, don't care if there's quality or not.......they can spend their money as they please, and they are pleased to spend it for the Ripka name and to own a Ripka design. Never mind that the design is stamped out by the thousands in some overseas factory with thin silver, sometimes with fake or poor stones. Fake quartz for $998 and cloudy amethysts for 1.5 K? If they'll buy it, she'll sell it to them. And buy it they will.........

Super Contributor

You don't care if it's real - are you kidding? Oh my!

Respected Contributor

I am not a fan of most of her designs.

Just not my particular taste. To each their own, that way.

However, I am astounded at the prices of her stuff. There is NO WAY I would pay that much for Diamonique and other synthetic stones.

I don't even watch her shows anymore.

I know we can all be very different in what appeals to us in jewelry.

But, I find her prices outrageous, and would just NOT buy it.

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

On 3/14/2015 GoodStuff said:

They just presented an amethyst slice cuff, available in two widths. The $1524 version had stones of terrible quality. They were very cloudy. Amethyst is not expensive. They could at least use better stones.

Why bother? The faithful cheerfully admit that they don't care if the stones are real or not, don't care if there's quality or not.......they can spend their money as they please, and they are pleased to spend it for the Ripka name and to own a Ripka design. Never mind that the design is stamped out by the thousands in some overseas factory with thin silver, sometimes with fake or poor stones. Fake quartz for $998 and cloudy amethysts for 1.5 K? If they'll buy it, she'll sell it to them. And buy it they will.........

It's mind boggling what women will spend on inferior stones just because it's JR.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/14/2015 cooking lady said:

You don't care if it's real - are you kidding? Oh my!

Nope. They're not kidding! And they're spending real money for the bogus bling........

Can you imagine?

Esteemed Contributor

Judith Tawks...The Money Walks....

Trusted Contributor

Where's the ""like"" button when you want it?

Trusted Contributor

On 3/14/2015 GoodStuff said:
On 3/14/2015 KathyPet said: WHen I buy JR jewelry I am not buying for the stones. I don't care if they are real or not I am paying for the design of the piece.

She's got you right where she wants you, my dear.

Any jewelry company can put a bunch of synthetic stones together in a design but you better believe that none of it will cost $999.99. You can buy real gold for the prices she charges. It's all about the money and greed. She charges these prices because of her Ripkanista following since they don't care what the cost, even though some even said they couldn't afford a piece but buy it anyway because they just have to have it because it's a JR. If people stopped buying and said enough is enough with these outrageous prices, you better believe the prices would come down. She has to make her money on the Q because her stores are closing and her pieces are showing up in big box stores! Her fans think it's investment jewelry, well they better think again. It's sterling silver and fake diamond stones and synthetic or low grade stones, sorry but that's not investment jewelry.
Trusted Contributor

$1524 for amethyst? Is she kidding? Amethyst is one of the cheapest stones available, especially if the quality is terrible. You can buy a diamond bracelet for that price.
Super Contributor

It makes me sad as to how inferior her jewelry line is for QVC. Her Madison Avenue collections are the real deal, and you'd never catch that clientele blase regarding quality, clarity and style.

She outsources the Q products overseas and the return rate is staggering---check out reviews regarding poor quality, cheapness of metals, etc.

Why, oh why would one purchase chunks of fake stone glued to a base for 1.5K? You could absolutely purchase better pieces at your own jewelers or, if you have the time, estate sales.

I mean no disrespect for those on this thread who enjoy JR jewelry and I tip my hat to your choice to purchase what you wish. But do be an informed consumer and take stock on the real value of her products. It's your money.