Honored Contributor

Re: $998 for ""Synthetic Quartz"" Really Judith?

And then there's the eight hundred buck chrome diopside ennhancer... Boy I tell you, they're just raking it in selling these inexpensive stones set in silver for such huge bucks. That said, I fully agree, purchasing or not purchasing is a completely individual choice.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Ripka's prices are out of control and so are the poor souls who buy her stuff. Revved up costume jewelry is all. $400 + for CLAD gold necklace?? Really??? Highway robbery if you ask me. Smarten up people! She already had enough $$$$!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Ripka has been a vendor in Canada for about a year or so and If you think QVC charges a lot, you should see the "regular" price of her line at at TSC in Canada. but I'm not so sure that Canadian customers fell for her line as a lot of it is now on clearance at TSC. In Canada they could not use the Diamonique name so they would call the cz stones simulated diamonds and the sales pitches played up her celebrity.
Trusted Contributor

TY, does Judith appear on TSC in Canada? Or does she have a substitute? I have about 12 pieces of her jewelry, but none of them cost me over $200. I would not pay more than $200 for a piece of silver jewelry. But I love the pieces I have and I get lots of compliments when I wear them--especially my Judith Ripka Two pieces that are older and have a lot of 18k gold on them I just adore those pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/21/2015 dperry said:

TY, does Judith appear on TSC in Canada? Or does she have a substitute? I have about 12 pieces of her jewelry, but none of them cost me over $200. I would not pay more than $200 for a piece of silver jewelry. But I love the pieces I have and I get lots of compliments when I wear them--especially my Judith Ripka Two pieces that are older and have a lot of 18k gold on them I just adore those pieces.

Yes, Judith Ripka does appear on TSC but I think the last time she was on air was in the late fall. I don't know when her next visit will be.

Super Contributor

On 3/20/2015 stevieb said:

And then there's the eight hundred buck chrome diopside ennhancer... Boy I tell you, they're just raking it in selling these inexpensive stones set in silver for such huge bucks. That said, I fully agree, purchasing or not purchasing is a completely individual choice.

I saw that piece and thought the price HAD to be wrong!{#emotions_dlg.scared}

You could get well made chrome diopside with sterling & other REAL gemstones on other sites for a fraction of that price.......