Respected Contributor

3rd Annual Fine Jewelry Gala Cancelled

FineJewelryGalaCancelled.jpg

QVC has cancelled their their 3rd Annual Fine Jewelry Gala that was to be broadcast all day, Wednesday, April 8, 2020. They have replaced the bulk of the jewelry programming with a Love Your Home event. Seven hours of jewelry programming remain, 1-3am with Jennifer, 9-11am with Antonella, and 5-8pm ET with Jennifer.

ET         PTOriginal Schedule:New Schedule:
12am  9pmAffinity Diamond Jewelry with RickLove Your Home with Jennifer
1am  10pmHonora Jewelry Collection with RickHonora Jewelry Collection with Jennifer
2am  11pmImperial Gold with RickColors of Gemstone Jewelry with Jennifer
3am  12amrepeated programmingrepeated programming
4am   1amrepeated programmingrepeated programming
5am   2amrepeated programmingrepeated programming
6am   3amrepeated programmingrepeated programming
7am   4amFine Jewelry Gala with Mary BethLove Your Home (host TBA)
8am   5amFine Jewelry Gala with Mary BethLove Your Home (host TBA)
9am   6amFine Jewelry Gala with Mary BethJudith Ripka Jewelry with Antonella
10am 7amJudith Ripka Jewelry with Mary BethAffinity Diamond Jewelry with Antonella
11am  8amFine Jewelry Gala with PatLove Your Home with Terri
12pm  9amFine Jewelry Gala with PatFriends & Family Daily Deals with Terri
1pm  10amAffinity Diamond Jewelry with AntonellaLove Your Home with Mary
2pm  11amGemstone Jewelry with AntonellaLove Your Home with Mary
3pm  12pmGold Jewelry with AntonellaLOGO by Lori Goldstein with Elise
4pm  1pmFine Jewelry Gala with JaneVionic with Elise
5pm  2pmFine Jewelry Gala with JaneJennifer Coffey Presents Fine Jewelry
6pm  3pmAffinity Diamond Jewelry with JaneJennifer Coffey Presents Fine Jewelry
7pm  4pmAffinity Diamond Jewelry with JaneJennifer Coffey Presents Fine Jewelry
8pm  5pmVault Discoveries with RickIn the Kitchen with David
9pm  6pmFine Jewelry Gala with RickIn the Kitchen with David
10pm 7pmFine Jewelry Gala with RickLove Your Home with Jane
11pm 8pmFine Jewelry Gala with RickLove Your Home with Jane
Respected Contributor

Re: 3rd Annual Fine Jewelry Gala Cancelled

Even seven hours is MUCH better than some of the other programming!

Also, a lot of folks may not have money for jewelry right now--but we can dream!

Respected Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Also, a lot of folks may not have money for jewelry right now--but we can dream!

That's right, I'll be watching and dreaming. I've been saying for years that it's alright to me if they do fewer hours on jewelry events before switching to regularly scheduled evening programming: that way everyone gets their wish. But it's very unfrequently that a TSV gets changed a week before airdate, that's why this is noteworthy. Although having seven hours of jewelry and five of them are with the same host; I'm not certain I'll watch the whole time.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC must program what will sell. Right now that would include home comforts, food and wine. 

If my QVC spending is typical of other shoppers, then QVC is hurting. My finances are OK today, but who knows what tomorrow will bring? I am not even wearing much of the jewelry I have. Have not worn a watch, earrings or rings for the three full weeks I have been in the house. No need.

Honored Contributor

I think jewelry is the last thing on most peoples' minds right now.  I'm sure the Q realizes that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Heather is on Shophq now with Gems En Vogue.  Michael has pretty and unique pieces as usual.  I'm just looking.  

Esteemed Contributor

It would have been nice to maintain some jewelry programming. Not everyone wants to watch more home and hearth type shows.

Respected Contributor

Another possibility is that they could not get enough stock of the diamond piece that was supposed to be a TSV to make it worth airing.  Or maybe the quality wasn't good enough?  Or, as everyone else has posited, they knew a diamond ring or something wasn't going to sell at all, so they bailed...  I wonder what the TSV was supposed to be?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP wrote:

Another possibility is that they could not get enough stock of the diamond piece that was supposed to be a TSV to make it worth airing.  Or maybe the quality wasn't good enough?

That doesn't explain the Imperial Gold, Vault Discoveries, morning shows, and primetime shows being replaced on the schedule.

@CamilleP wrote:

Or, as everyone else has posited, they knew a diamond ring or something wasn't going to sell at all, so they bailed...  I wonder what the TSV was supposed to be?

I think the Affinity TSV has been shifted to become the QVC2 Big Deal for April 9-10.

There will be live presentations on Thursday, April 9 at 9pm ET and Friday, April 10 at 8pm ET. QVC's 4th Annual May is Gold Month Sale Day remains on the schedule for all day May 7.

Capture.JPG

Honored Contributor

Wish they had switched to a Love Your Jewelry Event and gone with less expensive items.  Some people have a few bucks extra because they aren't going anywhere.