Trusted Contributor

I can imagine a number reasons someone would buy expensive jewelry online.  Some areas of the country have enclaves of wealthy people in a rather rural setting, somewhat removed from typically urban retailers; Whitefish, Montana comes to mind.  

DH is another example--he has bought me some beautiful, extravagant pieces, all online.  He likes to buy estate pieces for me (I love that man!) Typically they come with a gemological report (is that the right term?), unlike the Q's pricier pieces.  He wouldn't know how to act in a jewelry store!

Valued Contributor

36 easy paymentsSmiley Very Happy  Years ago I purchased a very expensive ring from Wes and Pam Mccoy on Evine.  It was a tanzanite ring and could not find anything like in at that time.  I paid over $5000 and took it right to my jewelry to have it appraised before I kept it.  It is a beautiful ring and I enjoy it.  Having said that, this was my only purchase of an expensive piece of jewelry online.

I will have to take a lool at QVC's expensive jewelry...just curious.  I remember Lisa Robinson doing a show with high priced jewelry which I tried not to watch