Respected Contributor

Re: 32nd California Gold Rush -Jan. 24, 2020

@songbird wrote:

I'm buying.  I'm Italian and my gold is usually 18K.  I do have a lot of them.  Now I buy 14K because gold is high...but 18K is out of sight.  So I've purchased 2 bracelets (one of them is over 18 grams) and one ring.  One of my new bracelets is that adorable mini coin bracelet.

EDIT:  They showed my bird cage necklace!  I got that 8 months ago and they never showed it till now.  It's just terrific and so cute.  I get comments and compliments everytime I wear it.  

@songbird , The bracelets you bought are gorgeous! Hope you love them!

I remember you bought IG a while back and you mentioned that you had very little 14k because your preference is 18k. Have you been happy with Imperial Gold?

I love my IG pieces. Thinking of getting another bracelet but really should talk myself out of that. Don’t need it but it’s calling my name. 😉

Honored Contributor

Watching today just makes me realize how fortunate I am to still have all my gorgeous substansial gold pieces from 20+ years ago. I paid a fraction of what they are charging today. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a heavy 41.4 gram Imperial Gold bar necklace just last August, after watching it for a long time. It was on a special one day price of $1399... today's price is $2490.  It was a really good price at the time at $33.81 per gram... today it is $60.14 per gram... so much the Gold Rush sale prices. I'm not buying anything. I do like watch some of the shows though.

https://www.qvc.com/Imperial-Gold-18%22-Mirror-Bar-Necklace-14K-Gold-414g.product.J348561.html?sc=PR... 

Honored Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I'm buying.  I'm Italian and my gold is usually 18K.  I do have a lot of them.  Now I buy 14K because gold is high...but 18K is out of sight.  So I've purchased 2 bracelets (one of them is over 18 grams) and one ring.  One of my new bracelets is that adorable mini coin bracelet.

EDIT:  They showed my bird cage necklace!  I got that 8 months ago and they never showed it till now.  It's just terrific and so cute.  I get comments and compliments everytime I wear it.  

I remember you bought IG a while back and you mentioned that you had very little 14k because your preference is 18k. Have you been happy with Imperial Gold?

I love my IG pieces. Thinking of getting another bracelet but really should talk myself out of that. Don’t need it but it’s calling my name. 😉

Oh yes!  I'm slowly getting used ot it.  Remember when you've always had 18K ...it's had to go back to 14K.  But I've grown to like it. I've been spoiled by Imperial Gold.  Back when they were on QVC years ago...they had 18k and I have two 18K IG and one18K cobblestone ring.  But I own a gold lame 14K I purchased last gold event. So now I have one IG in 14K. 

I can't wait to get the gold chain bracelet.  I got the 7 1/4" one.  I know the 6 1/4" is a least 17 grams,  So mine will be at least a gram or two grams heavier.  I saw that bracelet yesterday.  Haven't seen it today....but I'm at work!  So total I that bracelet and the mini coin bracelet and one ring.  That's enough!  I love gold.  It's really my only jewelry.  The only silver I have is Ultra fine because it never tarnishes!  I don't own any fashion jewelry or even fresh water pearls.  Instead I have Tahitian and South Sea pearls.

Trusted Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

I just glanced at the TSV--nothing special or unique and kinda pricey at that.  The world is full of rope chains and most aren't that expensive.  I wonder why the Q would choose an item that every jewelry business in the world has?  Why not try offering something new and different instead of going head-to-head with all their competitors over a commonly available fashion staple?😕

I haven't looked at every item yet.  Hoping to find something I don't already have and at the right price.

I thought the exact same thoughts about the rope chain also.  Agree with you totally!

Let us know what catches your fancy Smiley Happy))

Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I maxed out on the gold.  I got a killer bracelet.  All 17.5 grams of it.  I got J365844  The bold diamond cut chain bracelet.  I got the 7/1/4"  Sold chains soldered together. Solid end caps.  The picture doesn't do any justice to it.  It is gorgeous.  Last item of the show.

14K Gold Bold Sparkle Chain 7-1/4" Bracelet - J365847

@songbird wrote:

I maxed out on the gold.  I got a killer bracelet.  All 17.5 grams of it.  I got J365844  The bold diamond cut chain bracelet.  I got the 7/1/4"  Sold chains soldered together. Solid end caps.  The picture doesn't do any justice to it.  It is gorgeous.  Last item of the show.

14K Gold Bold Sparkle Chain 7-1/4" Bracelet - J365847

Songbird, Did yoi also purchase the 18K tri color bangle you mentioned earlier?
It is lovely and so is the one you bought.

Trusted Contributor

@Bestdressed wrote:

I bought a heavy 41.4 gram Imperial Gold bar necklace just last August, after watching it for a long time. It was on a special one day price of $1399... today's price is $2490.  It was a really good price at the time at $33.81 per gram... today it is $60.14 per gram... so much the Gold Rush sale prices. I'm not buying anything. I do like watch some of the shows though.

https://www.qvc.com/Imperial-Gold-18%22-Mirror-Bar-Necklace-14K-Gold-414g.product.J348561.html?sc=PR... 

WOW Best Dressed, you surely got an excellent buy and it is a gorgeous necklace .Do you wear  it much?  It is the type of necklace that yearns to be seen.

Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Oh yes!  I'm slowly getting used ot it.  Remember when you've always had 18K ...it's had to go back to 14K.  But I've grown to like it. I've been spoiled by Imperial Gold.  Back when they were on QVC years ago...they had 18k and I have two 18K IG and one18K cobblestone ring.  But I own a gold lame 14K I purchased last gold event. So now I have one IG in 14K. 

I can't wait to get the gold chain bracelet.  I got the 7 1/4" one.  I know the 6 1/4" is a least 17 grams,  So mine will be at least a gram or two grams heavier.  I saw that bracelet yesterday.  Haven't seen it today....but I'm at work!  So total I that bracelet and the mini coin bracelet and one ring.  That's enough!  I love gold.  It's really my only jewelry.  The only silver I have is Ultra fine because it never tarnishes!  I don't own any fashion jewelry or even fresh water pearls.  Instead I have Tahitian and South Sea pearls.

Which ring did you get?  Love to take a look at it.

Trusted Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

@Bestdressed wrote:

WOW Best Dressed, you surely got an excellent buy and it is a gorgeous necklace .Do you wear  it much?  It is the type of necklace that yearns to be seen.

I only worn it several times ... I need to get it out again. I LOVE yoiur new bracelet ... nice clasp too!Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Bestdressed wrote:

@crawford5153 wrote:

@Bestdressed wrote:

I only worn it several times ... I need to get it out again. I LOVE yoiur new bracelet ... nice clasp too!Heart

Best dressed, I did not get a new bracelet, you must be thinking of someone else Smiley Happy))