Esteemed Contributor

Re: 32nd Big Bonanza Silver Day® MOVED TO MARCH 5

@Sammycat1 I have jewelry from QVC from years ago that was much more interesting and unique than anything they have shown in the past oh 7 to 10 years. I will probably watch because well, it's jewelry, which is way better than hours of matteresses or computers! Whether or not I will buy is another thing altogether. 

I wore a 30 inch silver and gemstone necklace earlier this week that I bought years ago probably on the big silver day. It's as lovely as when I bought it and I've never seen anything like it again.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sammycat1 yes I'm with you. Recycling the TSV/Big Deals is a bad business practice. It's like clearance but not really clearance!

Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24 

I agree with you. I go way back in purchasing nice pieces on the silver days, pretty much to the beginning. Things change of course.

Who knows why they're going for designer seconds vs. bringing in something decent that's not a label. Pandemic perhaps. Still better than endless vacuum presentations!

Respected Contributor

I never saw this TSV when it was originally offered, so it's new to me.

The ring is very pretty. I love the box chain design. I have my eye on the amethyst - I love the rich, deep color.

Can't wait to see it presented! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Apparently the JAI Cushion Cut Ring and Earrings were offered in citrine which is no longer available. Someone on Instagram asked Scott why their waitlist order hasn't come in yet. It is not clear if the citrine will be available again.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@GinaV24 

I agree with you. I go way back in purchasing nice pieces on the silver days, pretty much to the beginning. Things change of course.

Who knows why they're going for designer seconds vs. bringing in something decent that's not a label. Pandemic perhaps. Still better than endless vacuum presentations!

@Sammycat1  Do you have this ring?  I thought I remember you purchasing it.  I wanted it but it sold out.  My size is back in stock and thinking about ordering it. Are the stones pretty?

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky 

Yes, I did buy this ring. I think it's lovely--it reminds me of all the textures and light you can see in a glacier:  the iridescent glow of moonstones; the clear, sparkling look of ice in the faceted white topaz; and the subtle, multicolor that peeks out of the opals.

As the reviews stated, there are only 3 opals and they're randomly placed. This may bug you, but it doesn't bother me because I take the piece as a whole--as I said, like a glacier with interesting plays of light. A true mosaic.

It has the usual heft and comfort of JAI rings, too.

If you get it, I hope you love it!

Honored Contributor

TSV: Been there,done that,worn the t-shirt.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I have this ring in the Cognac and it is stunning.  The color is so rich and saturated and so comfortable on.  I would get another one if he has some different stones.

@Pecky The Cognac quartz was the one I was thinking about.  How would you say the color compares to Smoky quartz?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered only Ultra Fine.  Got both bead necklaces, the diamond cut & the polished. The diamond cut is already on wait list.  I also got the heart multi bangle bracelet.  The one with dangling heart.  Looks so cute.  So I'm already done for the day.  I don't like Sterling.