Valued Contributor

Re: 31st Big Bonanza Silver Day Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Too much repetion in the shows; not nearly exciting as it used to be, but some nice pieces.  Next year, please even more Or Paz and affordable Artisan crafted. Also I think there could have been more unique Italian Sterling pieces, just MO.  But thanks for the day...

Super Contributor

No Judith Ripka for this event?

Honored Contributor

Was good to watch it yesteday--always been a sliver girl and have a ton of it--saw some new things and even ordered a pair of earrings---prices were good too. Got the tri colored flower earrings---will tweak them a bit as I usually do--prob take the biggest of the trio off and make a separate pair pf earrings--not crazy about long earrings---

Respected Contributor

I think this year's BBSD was one of the better ones in recent years.

I went CRAZY and ordered four, count 'em, FOUR items. I haven't ordered that many things in one day in years!!

I ordered the TSV. It was a tough choice between the chevron and the polished, but I went with the chevron. The mosaic was gorgeous, but I already have something very similar.

Couldn't resist the Bee Coin Bracelet. I ordered that before it even aired. J366627

Another really tough decision was on the Artisan Crafted Cobblestone Gemstone Bracelet. The Paraiba Quartz was really stunning, but in the end I went with the Citrine. I figured it would go with more jewelry, and citrine is one of my favorite stones. J366517

Last but not least, I ordered the Artisan Crafted Cable Cuff Ring in what else? Citrine, LOL!   J366736

Hope everyone enjoys their purchases.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Silver is not my metal, but I did buy some things as gifts.  I got that cute silver key and lock   This will be for my sister.

J366649

Lois Hill Sterling Silver Spring Delicacies Motif Necklace - J366649

Plus two of the TSV   A high polish one and the one that's on wait list.  Mosaic   One is going for my other sister. I'll see how I like the polished one.  Might keep it.

Disappointed in Ultra Fine Silver (my kind of silver)  All that magnetic junk.  No way will I buy that.  Too many horror stories of lost jewelry. So I will have to wait next silver day for Ultra Fine back in lobster claw closures.

The prices were not bad for silver.  I don't understand some of the complaints.  You have a TSV that is 40 grams and as solid as a rock.  Easy pay around $26.00.  Not bad.  Everything QVC viewers want.....something with heavy gram weight and solid.  You got what you asked for.  QVC listened!

@songbirdITA  I thought the prices were reasonable.  They really had some pretty things on this silver day.

I agree, but I still hear complaints.  About the clasp.  "Not going to buy....might fall my wrist, etc.  or It won't fit me, etc.  Everything the average viewer wanted was offered, including free shipping.  But there were still complaints!  About the clasp.  I have two sets of Ultra Fine solid bangles.  They have the same clasp...and they are super strong.  In fact, it pinched my skin several times.  That's how fast and hard the clasps snap back.   had them over 5 years and still pretty strong snap backs.

Respected Contributor

@lmt I restrained myself, sort of.  I went for something that I don't think was shown-- a Judith Ripka simulated morganite cuff in the estate style that I adore.  Why did I go for a simulated stone?  Because it was a lovely shade of pink, and Judith produces very few items with pink stones. Pink is my favorite color, and I am drawn to that color like a moth is drawn relentlessly to wool clothing! 

I also love citrine, and have many silver items in that stone, as it is such a happy color, and it is the only yellow that I can wear with my skin tone. Thank you for inspiring me to break out some citrine pieces from my jewelry box to wear today.  

I also liked that bee bracelet that you ordered.  Hope you enjoy all of your purchases. 

Trusted Contributor

@Jersey Born  I saw that JR estate design simulated morganite bracelet online & it's absolutely gorgeous!!  Like you I love shades of pink!  I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from it.

Respected Contributor

@nova Thank you so much for your kind words.  I hope the cuff is as pretty in person as it appears online. I just love her "estate of mind" collection.  

If I were to walk into a clothing store with clothes in every single color imaginable, I would walk right toward the "pink" section.  LOL.  Pink is like a magnet to me, and I see it is for you, too.  

Respected Contributor

@Jersey Born  I hope you enjoy your new JR cuff when you receive it.  Smiley Happy

I love pink, too, especially in gemstones. There's certainly nothing wrong with simulated stones. I have many, many real opals, but lately I've been buying the simulated ones. I haven't seen a real opal with good color in a long time and the simulated ones can be breathtaking. 

I always loved citrine, it reminds me of liquid sunshine! Most people probably prefer the madeira shade of citrine, and although I have several pieces in that color, I prefer the more golden yellow shades.

Hope you have fun getting to know your old citrine pieces again!

Respected Contributor

@lmt I adore all shades of citrine, too.  I did recently purchase an emerald cut madeira citrine with an orangey yellow color, just because it was different from the other citrines I have.  

Synthetic opals are also lovely.  Years ago, I purchased a multistone bracelet with pink crystal, synthetic opals, and rose quartz, and a large turquoise, lapis and synthetic opal pendant in a modern design.  I must say that you would probably love the Ethiopian opals.  They are genuine opals, they are reasonably priced, and they are much less likely to fracture or chip than Australian opals. Ethiopian opals have a fantastic play of color.  

I thoroughly enjoyed wearing those old citrine pieces, that I collected years ago. So much sunny carat weight on my finger (Lagos emerald cut citrine ring), on my wrist (Ripka octagon cut citrine JR2 bracelet), and around my neck (chunky Jai silver box chain with an enormous pear shaped checkerboard cut citrine from M. Valitutti from his Masterpiece Gem collection). I have to wear those more often. It is great to rediscover older pieces.   

I just received the Ripka cuff, and it is darling, petite, and refined in appearance-- very ladylike. The "morganite" stones are extremely sparkly.

I hope you enjoy your purchases, too!