New Contributor

2 items - I could not believe the prices on 14K gold AND the eternity bands

This was a really great jewelry day, but the prices were just 'way too expensive.

I scrolled the ENTIRE QVC.com to search for a well price small eternity band but all the reviews were the same whether it was diamonique or real diamonds - they fall out!

I have some really old 14K gold from the late 90's shows, and never had any stones fall out. Is it a quality control issue QVC or what?

Respected Contributor

Re: 2 items - I could not believe the prices on 14K gold AND the eternity bands

Perceived quality or other issues won't matter if prices are out of range......move on.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

Don't know about diamonds, but I've had Diamonique experiences with stones falling out.  Also clasps not working.  It's quality control.  Sloppy manufacturing.

I always look at what I order under a 10x magnifying glass to see if stones are set properly.  I'm seeing prongs not pushed down far enough to secure them in their settings. 

Respected Contributor

When I buy gemstone rings, especially diamonds, I always try to look at the prong settings before I purchase.

It is helpful to use the magnification tool to see very closely.

The most secure stone settings are bezels, and four prong settings (Tiffany uses a six prong setting--very famous and quite secure), and channel set.  QVC will often use shared prongs or what they call "bead set," which I think are more like little pieces of metal bent over the stones.  The thinnner the metal, the more fragile it is--at any time a prong can catch on a thread and bend and pull up, making it possible for a stone to fall out.  If the designer is cheap with the gold weight, the prongs will reflect that.

I like the eternity band look, but I do not find them comfortable, so I do not own any.  I prefer seven stone or five stone to imitate that look. 

These past several years I have found QVC gold diamond jewelry prices very high for the value (light gold weight, lowest acceptable diamond quality).  Right now they are offering J370330, the one carat channel cut band, for less than $750.00.  

Ross-Simons sells a lot of rings, but I do not think their quality is any better or their prices any cheaper.

I prefer to look at my diamond rings in person, and I have many department stores nearby. Macy's sells similar bands for under $1000.00.  Bloomingdales features bands with higher quality diamonds and larger carat weights starting at approximately double that price.   

Of course, for a special splurge, there are many great jewelry stores that sell higher quality diamond rings, but you will pay the price!