Honored Contributor

Re: 2 hour Diamond Fire Light show with Jayne Brown!

Last year I was curious about lab diamonds so much so that I bought some earrings. They are small pave-set stones but boy do they sparkle!

Respected Contributor

They had several close ups of her earrings (Jayne, that is) and I had almost forgotten how truly beautiful Jayne's face is.  

She is so pretty, and very natural, an at ease woman with a dynamite positivity and honesty about her. 

I've always been a fan of hers.

Trusted Contributor

I buy and have bought ALL of my jewelry (including pieces  with diamonds or other expensive stones) from a REPUTABLE jeweler. I would NEVER buy this type of jewelry from a TV channel..

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Didn't watch the presentations but are "lab grown" diamonds as valuable as "real" diamonds???

Can't imagine buying anything so expensive from TV but I guess easy pay is a big lure.  Assume if the item doesn't appraise for its price, it will be sent back.

They are only a little less expensive than natural diamonds.  Their resale value is less.  Even lower are the resale value of lab created color gems. Natural is what women want be it diamonds or color gems or pearls.  It's all about money though.  If you don't have, you get lab created stuff. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50  Very expensive jewelry is usually purchased at jewelry stores.  And often by men.  Women tend to buy lab created color gems at much lower prices through TV.  Natural desirable  color gems are purchased (almost always by men) as investments. In fact a good portion of color gems are purchased as investments. Natural diamond investment is very risky.  Remember Diamonds are kept artificially high. There are tons of diamonds on earth and everything that surrounds it in the universe.  Natural color gems are much more scarce.  Which is why you'll see a big solitaire diamond command money much more then a ruby solitaire that size, even though the ruby is much more scarce.

Trusted Contributor

Interesting topic @TheMemphisVette . I'm not a huge diamond fan, but they seem to be at least a part of any jewelry one can buy; you can't escape them. My ambivalent feelings about diamonds have to do with the fact that they are artificially expensive and therefore not really as valuable as they are made to seem. The "Blood Diamond" reputation that taints the stones with violence and political oppression is also a turnoff for me. The availability of lab created diamonds should remove those two objections, except I just don't buy created stone jewelry. Guess I will stick with white sapphires--when I can find them.

Respected Contributor

Most lab created diamonds are now laser inscribed so that a jeweler knows it is not a mined diamond.  The lab created diamond has the same properties as a mined diamond except that a piece of carbon = the seed = is heated in machinery that can speed up the process of millions of years.  I have a lab-created diamond pendant - F color and it is magnificent.  The whiteness of the stones, the brilliance and the sparkle is just exquisite.