Honored Contributor

with blue lapis on the end caps. I lost another one of the lapis stones & had to take it to my jewelry guy that I have do repairs. He used to do repairs for Zales & they turned around & marked the price up 2 1/12 to 3 times. Went to pick it up today & found a sign on the door closed until further notice. Found out he died Fri. I don't know if the bracelet was repaired or when I will get it back.

I can't believe he died. He had just seen several different doctor's with a health issue but they all said they could not find anything. I'm sure he will be missed.

Respected Contributor

oh that is sad and probably shocking for you.  after an appropriate amount of time you might leave a voice message extending condolences and asking for a phone call about status of work in progress. maybe someone will be in touch before that with an eye to picking up the pieces of the business.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

oh that is sad and probably shocking for you.  after an appropriate amount of time you might leave a voice message extending condolences and asking for a phone call about status of work in progress. maybe someone will be in touch before that with an eye to picking up the pieces of the business.

@ms traditional It was a shock since he had just been to the doctor to find out what was going on. His doctor did not find anything & sent him to another doctor which sent him to a heart doctor. None found anything with the tests they did. I have known him since I worked at Zales back in the early 80's. I don't think anyone will take over his business as he was the only one working there. His son used to help him years ago but don't know what he's up to now. Sad if they close the business. 

If he had the blue lapis stone in stock my bracelet is probably repaired. If he did not have it in stock I know it did not get repaired. His wife is suppose to contact customers to set up a time date to pick up jewelry. I'm not going to call her as she is busy I'm sure with funeral arrangements. I know she will call when things settle down in a week or 2.