Occasional Contributor

I just ordered a pair of earrings that are the 14kt over resin. Does anyone know anything about this process and is it good quality? I really liked the earrings, chunky twisted hoops, they looked nice. Thanks for any feedback!

Frequent Contributor
I know some boards have bashed gold over resin, mostly because of its' cost....but I LOVE my pieces. I own several pairs of 14k resin earrings which were bought from QVC. The fact that its' core is resin, adds durability to everyday use. I have no regrets!!!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank-you LArruda, just read some reviews on other pieces and over all the reviews are very good. Looking forward to getting them. Can't afford solid gold, so this seems like a nice alternative{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor
On 1/23/2015 LArruda said: I know some boards have bashed gold over resin, mostly because of its' cost....but I LOVE my pieces. I own several pairs of 14k resin earrings which were bought from QVC. The fact that its' core is resin, adds durability to everyday use. I have no regrets!!!

That's nice to know and I have my eye on some earrings but wasn't sure if I should try them. Question: how are they hallmarked? Does the stamp in the metal somehow indicate resin filled? TIA!

Honored Contributor
I don't own any. There has been much discussion here about them. Quality is good, resale value is not so good because of the resin.
Honored Contributor

If you bought the earrings because they're jewelry you want to keep and wear, you're going to be happy I think.

If you're someone who likes to wear something for a year or two and then sell it for gold value and buy something new, you may not get as much back as you would with all gold, BUT you won't have spent anything near what you'd spend for your jewelry, so I don't think you'd be far behind and lots of times depending upon where the price of gold goes, you'll have worn the earrings and be ahead dollars.

Frequent Contributor
I was lucky enough to purchase J317887 As Is Oro Nuovo 1" Concave Earrings in both yellow and white 14K. I had originally been on WAITLIST for the regular priced items for awhile but grabbed these instead. Hadn't had luck in the past with As Is but both pairs were perfect. Anyways, the point I forgot to mention earlier, is that you don't have to " baby" resin pieces. I've often slept wearing my pieces and they are still perfect. The weight is also great, as it doesn't pull down my lobes. I hope you take the plunge. Happy shopping....
Occasional Contributor

Thank-you all. I did just order for my own enjoyment to wear (not a gold investor). I'm not hard on my jewelry, but it is nice to know I won't have to baby them. I'm looking forward to receiving them. Thanks again for your replies, much appreciated{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

I only have good things to say in regards to the 14 kt. over resin. Love it, never a problem, after all is it 14 kt. It is just not solid gold all the way through. That is only difference. Very happy with mine.

Honored Contributor

I like the 14K over resin for more reasons than one. First off, it is less expensive and I have a problem with losing earrings and mourning their loss for weeks to months if they cost me in excess of $100 and there is no match to be found for them. Second, I am bad to have an earring fall out and in searching for it, I step on it and 14K crushes with stepping on it. Third, they are substantial and are gold plus resin and they are much better than 14K over silver. For earrings, I much prefer the resin/gold. Earrings are for my enjoyment, not for resale. I never keep a full pair long enough to sell so why pay $1000 for a pair of earrings only to lose one of them in a few weeks and mourn the loss.