Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who are the targeted customers for Isaac's clothes?

It is all about personal taste. Style and fashion should be fun. And not look like you are trying too hard.

New Contributor

This is an interesting question from the standpoint of someone trying to pigeon hole people into certain "types".  I would like to point out that many women are attracted to Isaac's style for many different reasons.  Apple1964 said it very well.  Fashion should be fun and I might add Isaac offers enough variety to appeal to women with very different style types. 

Esteemed Contributor

Saw your post after reading several other posts. I too purchased a couple of his tops - 3/4 sleeve and long sleeve which were traditional timeless pieces  .  I did purchased his recent TSV 24/7 pants in the blue check . They  looked great to wear with a clssic white  boyfriend length shirt  or one of the tpos I had previously purchased. Last yr I bought 2 pairs of his boot cut 24/7 pants that I  wear occassionally . He offers traditional work horse wardrobe  pieces . Some of his florals are okay some I find ugly .  I just wish he didn't act so  tired when he's on air . I don't like the stories  abt his   believe  lady who wears his clothes- can't remember the name madge or Doris ? 

Can't he have real customers  provide real life  stories of things they've done or places  they have travelled while wearing his clothes ??

Contributor

Most of my tops and pants are from IM, only because I like that I've bought nothing from him that pills and especially because i'm built straight up and down and SG and others make their hip measurements so much bigger in the hips than IM.  I'm not tiny, a size 12 and his pants fit perfectly without having to have any alterations, plus they last forever.  I don't like big prints (too old lady for me) and i'm 72!   I also like that he hasn't gone crazy with his pricing, like others.  I like his classic styles.

Honored Contributor

Late forties, early fifties, thin.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for his fabric choices or his color selection.  His styles aren't all that unique.  Just ordinary styles.

He used to say that he designed for some mythical "She" ... but I haven't heard that lately.

I really don't know who his target audience is.  I'm an older woman who lives in NYC ... and I'm not an Isaac fan.

I'm more LOGO and Isaac.

Occasional Contributor

I am of a certain age and I wear most tops from I.M. Or S.G. I think the essentials are for mid to certain age in the casual clothing. I haven't tried pants yet. I like his watches also. I do not work but don't want to look like a slob so the shirts are great for me.

Contributor

I've wondered the same thing myself! I think they're for women of varying age who like more conservative clothes. Some of the styles would only look good on a younger woman, like shorter skirts, but many would work on an older woman too. I'm 71 and I have his 24/7 pants and lots of his cardigans. I couldn't wear any of his dresses. It's an interesting question!

Respected Contributor

I am a woman of a certain age and I have several of  Isaac's pima cotton shirts which I wear a lot. They are soft and very comfortable, 3/4 sleeves which I like and I have gotten compliments on them  I don't buy his shoes or watches but I do have one handbag that I do like very much.  Oh I just remembered that I have 2 lace dresses that I really like except for the lace high collar that you have to button at the back of the neck and it's very difficult  so I would not buy anymore dresses like that.

Valued Contributor

The target age for most QVC clothes is middle aged or older.  It is not for the under forty set usually.  Having said that many of Isaacs styles are pure classics.  So I think any age could really wear them. I have some Isaac sweaters, a hoodie, etc. and I think the styles could be worn by many ages.