Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Who are the targeted customers for Isaac's clothes?

[ Edited ]

wow, this is an older thread.

Contributor

I also think Isaac designs for a younger woman which I am not! What I mostly buy from Isaac are pants because he offers them in TALL sizing. I just heard another designer (LINEA) say that women "get too crazy about whether a pant is too short or too long." I mean, really? We just want pants that fit and Isaac seems to know that and gives women of all heights respect. He doesn't design to the average woman, and let's face it, we come in all shapes and sizes.

I'll continue to buy Isaac's great pants especially the 24/7 stretch. FABULOUS pant.

Honored Contributor

@NYCSusanna wrote:

I also think Isaac designs for a younger woman which I am not! What I mostly buy from Isaac are pants because he offers them in TALL sizing. I just heard another designer (LINEA) say that women "get too crazy about whether a pant is too short or too long." I mean, really? We just want pants that fit and Isaac seems to know that and gives women of all heights respect. He doesn't design to the average woman, and let's face it, we come in all shapes and sizes.

I'll continue to buy Isaac's great pants especially the 24/7 stretch. FABULOUS pant.

@MaggieinFL

I love the 24/7 pants also (although I did return these last ones because of the boot cut was too wide even though they came in tall).  I am also a jacket girl.  I have many of his cotton quilted jacket and throw them on with jeans to run errands, etc.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have bought some of his sweaters and shoes and a couple of scarves  because they are the sort of classic things that I like but at a very good price. The shoes aren't great quality, but I have worn some of his flats, Mocs, and boat shoes. They have the look I like but I don't worry about being hard on them here at the lake because they are so inexpensive. I think of his QVC products as a cheap version of talbot's. I still prefer talbot's for most of my basic everyday clothing because the quality of fabrication and the fabrics themselves is better. I think QVC pushes Mizrahi to hit low price points, which means he has to use cheaper fabrics. Too bad because I like his design sensibilities.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

How would you know? I just came across it tonight!

Respected Contributor

Not sure about the target but I looked up and saw a gorgeous red lined tunic with an overlay on a host a couple years back and it turned out to be his. It looked great with heels and slacks or jeans and the compliments I still get on it every time I wear it are great. However, I have never significantly liked his clothes enough to make a point of watching his segments. I am mid/late 40's. 

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Occasional Contributor

Women with style and want clothes that last. You just have to figure out what fits your body and order multiples. Women who dream of shopping in N.Y. But can't go.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@libbyannE wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

How would you know? I just came across it tonight!

Because the first post is dated  Feb 2016.  Someone found it and dragged it up from the depths where old threads go to die and added a recent post.  How do people find these old posts and more importantly why resurrect it just to add a comment 9 months later?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm with the 60 girls.  Love his cardis.  I must own about 20 of them...   mostly in medium and longer lengths.  I'm not such a fan of the shorter ones, but have a couple of those too.  I mostly have his florals and animal prints...   and they are fabulous.  I always get compliments, and can wear them with my Linea skirts and WK sweaters at work,  or my Isaac tees.   For the most part, they are made well, especially for the price point, and fit me perfectly.  I wear either the XS or S, depending on the style of the cardigan, length and how I want it to fit.   I have a few of his scarves as well.   If you choose wisely, you can get some really beautiful things from this line.  As with most lines,  there are only certain pieces that may be geared to your taste and lifestyle, but if you look,  you'll find them.  I'm a HUGE Linea fan and most of my clothes are from that line.  Do I love everything.....  absolutly not.  Some pieces make me wonder who designed them....   but,  for the most part,  I can find things that will work for me and are made well.   My Isaac sweaters pair up nicely with my Linea pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

Any age can wear his clothing. JMHO!