Honored Contributor

Who are the targeted customers for Isaac's clothes?

[ Edited ]

I have never purchased one of Isaac's items, but occasionally have QVC on in the background, sometimes Issac and Shawn are on. 

Ever time I see his clothing, I find I am not interested in the styles, none of them. I feel the same about his shoes and handbags. But I do picture different people in my life for whom I think his clothing and accessories would be right. As I thought more about that, I realized that the people I was thinking about were more advanced in age, or as Renee (Women with Control clothing line) says, "women of a certain age." Since I consider myself to be a woman of a certain age, I wondered why I am not attracted to his pieces.

Since this is an Isaac sub-forum, I would appreciate any feedback on his intended audience or if you feel it is something that would be attractive for ladies of all ages. When I see his pieces on the younger models, which is what happened this morning, I didn't think they were flattering on them. 

Am not putting down his clothing line, just curious and wondering about if there is a specific age he is aiming for, or people with a certain lifestyle. I'm just not getting the appeal for his things that, evidently, a lot of other people are finding great. Otherwise, he wouldn't be on the Q so often.

Thanks for any enlightenment you can give me on this. There may be a time in the future when I purchase one of his items. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Who are the targeted customers for Isaac's clothes?

It's funny but as a "woman of a certain age" (69) I feel that they are for younger women!  Put granny cardigans on a granny, and oh no, not good, but put a big floral granny cardi on a young thin woman, and very pretty.  

It will be interesting to hear what others have to say.  I have one item from Isaac and it's well made and fits ok, and I like some of his handbags but not his logo, and when thinking about it discover I really don't watch him anymore at all.    

Regular Contributor

good question..   I just turned 50 (which is still hard for me to believe Smiley Sad )  but anyhoo I don't ever like anything of his for myself either...    just not my taste.      I do however often find things I like with coleen lopezs favorite things..on hsn.   

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am evidently part of his target audience. I am 39, working in an office that also requires public presentations and meetings, and I love style.   I really live in the 24/7 stretch pants and own 12 pair from the ankle, to the boot cut, to the straight legs. I cannot miss with these pants.  And believe me, the first pair I purchased was on a whim because I did not think elastic waist was "young enough" or "cool" (not including sweats and gym shorts of course).  These pants wash awesome, come out great and wear beautifully.  

Secondly, I own many of his cardigans (boyfriend length and regular) and soft suiting jackets.  They are stylish for the office or shopping, etc. The quality of these items compare to the pants above. I also was fortunate enough to purchase one of his cashmere sweaters this season, and it is truly luxe compared to some items you find in stores that call themselves cashmere.

Lastly, I really love the moccassins and riding boots. Don't ask how many pair of these I own because it might sound obnoxious.  I love them, they are stylish and comfortable.  

Now, I don't always wear IM head to toe on a daily basis, but I can certainly tell you I am complimented frequently on my style and appearance, in professional situations and in my regular personal everyday life.  Perhaps you don't like his style, and this is okay.  There are plenty of other desginers out there, online stores, and other channels that have different styles offered.  

Honored Contributor

@ajsidney12 @sophiamaria2 @author  WOW! Different age groups represented. How interesting! I really appreciate your feedback. Am anxious to hear what others might say. It's nice to know his things are well made. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Honored Contributor

I think his merchandise on the Q reflects a somewhat conservative, traditional style that's kind of a subtle today's style but with a little punch (large floral for example).  I honestly like some of his items, (large floral on his traditional style - not Granny - sweaters), handbags, some of his shoes (too flat for me).  And it gives some of us that are SOOOOOO tired of the fly away drapey fronts another choice to go to.  I am also of a certain age but love things are are either traditional/preppy or edgy/different so I'm rather interested in it all.....

I think personal taste (rather than age) might be the deciding factor......

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

I would love to try his clothes. I'm 76 and I need longer sleeves than he has on his shirts. I would love to be able to wear them. They are geared toward the younger ladies who still have good upper arms.
If ever he makes a longer sleeve on his t-shirts, I'm all over them!

I think his fabric and quality look good also.

That's how we roll in the shire..
Respected Contributor

I am over 60 and own 2 IM cardigans.  One was a floral tsv and the other an animal print.  Strangely enough I was purging my closet and found these 2 and realized I haven't worn either in a year. To  me they feel heavy and tight.  Debating keeping them.  Most of my cardigans are not prints and much lighter.

New Contributor

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to chime in here, because this has been very interesting to read. I'm 37, a stay at home mom, but I have an active/busy lifestyle.  I only say all of this because I would own a lot more Isaac if I worked outside of the home.  The quality of his clothes is really quite great overall. I don't buy too many busy prints, but love his solid colors. I find them to be beautiful and refreshing!!  Also with his moccasins, and purses I have been pleased with colors and quality. I have a black bridgehampton leather bag that looks like new after three years of use(off and on), from his line.  I would recommend for anyone wanting to try his line to check out the TSV's, they are typically more appealing to the masses (which I include myself inSmiley Wink. The last TSV was the essentials solid color cardigan/sweater, and the quality was superb. I've also purchased a puffer coat this year and herringbone longer style coat from his line.  They were AMAZING, and I was blown away at the quality of both when I got them home.  I also want to share my experience with Logo. That has been a better fit for my lifestyle, but you almost have to layer because some of the fabric can be thin and revealing.  But again, very beautiful.... I receive many compliments and love her colors too.... Especially the fall/winter palate. Isaacs got spring and summer colors done right!!  I agree with another opinion shared here, that a lot of this comes down to style and possibly lifestyle over a target age. 

Take Care!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

@traveler@cah@Q4u

I have tried some of IMs items and I am over 60... sounds so OLD!!! 

Most of the items in the line do not fit me correctly... probably due to the fact that I am short, but require a long rise.

The two cardi's overwhelmed because the knit was very thick on me.  The pants do not have a long enough rise, in my case.  HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~