Contributor

Looking for the "PERFECT" Isaac Mizrahi Tee

A few years ago I ordered an I.M. long sleeve tee from  "as is".  I didn't pay much attention to what I was purchasing, because I viewed the item as something to wear around the house.  It was a while before I wore the item.  I discovered, I absolutely loved it and wished I had ordered at least half a dozen.

I have ordered many I.M. tee's over the years, but I cannot seem to find this exact item in his line.  Everything seems to be labeled ESSENTIAL.  It would be nice if Isaac labeled his tee's by weight.

The tee I ordered was a muted rose (no longer available), crew neck, heavy weight/thick, but soft fabric and about 27" long from neck to bottom back hem.

I have since purchased so many that are too long for my 5'1" frame or are too lightweight for what I am looking for in a top.  I still cannot figure out which tops are the thicker fabric.  Can anyone Help?

Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for the "PERFECT" Isaac Mizrahi Tee

@April-Rose wrote:

A few years ago I ordered an I.M. long sleeve tee from  "as is".  I didn't pay much attention to what I was purchasing, because I viewed the item as something to wear around the house.  It was a while before I wore the item.  I discovered, I absolutely loved it and wished I had ordered at least half a dozen.

I have ordered many I.M. tee's over the years, but I cannot seem to find this exact item in his line.  Everything seems to be labeled ESSENTIAL.  It would be nice if Isaac labeled his tee's by weight.

The tee I ordered was a muted rose (no longer available), crew neck, heavy weight/thick, but soft fabric and about 27" long from neck to bottom back hem.

I have since purchased so many that are too long for my 5'1" frame or are too lightweight for what I am looking for in a top.  I still cannot figure out which tops are the thicker fabric.  Can anyone Help?

@April-Rose 

Read the fabric content label to see what content is.  If it is labeled "pima cotton" then you will have an idea of where to start.  Pima cotton is very soft & substantial.  I love his pima cotton tees & tunics.  You may not find the exact one since a few years have passed, but you may find something else with that fabric content.

Occasional Contributor

I just saw some ( either three fourth or long sleeve) Isaac tee shirts at Sam's Club.

Frequent Contributor

Look on the tag with the washing instructions. On the back side you may see the item #.

On most of my QVC clothing the item number is printed there. Hope that helps.

Super Contributor

They are third quarter length sleeves....I bought a few some time ago....then they were no longer available....just recently I was at Sam's Club...and they again had these t-shirts... I again purchased a few....they are lightweight....perfect for Arizona...contents are 57% cotton...38% polyester...5% spandex....the no tag label says Isaac Mizrahi New York...manufacturer's tag says $30.00....Sam's price $7.99-$9.99.....

Honored Contributor

I find that the Pima cotton Isaac tees I've bought in the last year or so are not nearly as substantial as my older ones.  The newer ones are thin and very clingy.  I don't like them and won't be buying more.  Sigh, everything seems to be changing and becoming more cheaply made.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Thank you for the helpful tip. 

The I.M. tee is A-210207.  I noticed it is no longer in stock and according to the many positive reviews, many others agree it is the "perfect" tee and wish Isaac would bring it back.

Are you listening QVC and Isaac?

Occasional Contributor

That reminds me of Pima cotton. It is a substantial knit. It is comfortable even in the summer. Check out eBay and Amazon maybe they will show older items. I lost 90 pounds so I have 3 sizes in my cloet. I found some at eBay. 

Super Contributor

The Sam's Club IM t-shirts I saw were not substantial enough for me so I passed.  I'd rather pay more and get something that lasts more than one season.  The same thing was true for the Eddie Bauer long-sleeved t-shirts I bought at Sam's Club a few years ago.  Compared to ones I got on sale direct from Eddie Bauer Company, the ones at Sam's Club didn't feel as thick and didn't last as long.  Some things I've found at Sam's Club are okay; others are not as good.

Respected Contributor

I love I.M.'s line. I've bought several pima cotton shirts and I just love them. Pima cotton is so nice and comfortable and doesn't stick to you. I don't have a perfect figure--I tend to carry my weight about my mid-section and IM's shirts tend NOT to stick to you and emphasize your "muffin top". Very reasonably priced, too.