Contributor

Isaac, why are you allowing your famous quality to slip?

I have been a longtime QVC customer purchasing a good deal of IM.  One of the things which brought me to his clothing was the quality.

Today, for the second time in about a month, I received a stripe patterned item where the pattern is "off".  Isaac must not visit his manufacturing facility in China, or the staff must not understand/care about quality control.

About a month ago I received a peplum top (with stripes) and the peplum was sewn with the stripes on one side looking like they were sliding in a weird direction.  Today I received a dress with the stripe at the collar. One side is pink to the center of the round neck and the other side has very little of the color.  It looks strange.  Both items had this "defect" at the neckline or the front of the item of clothing.

I give in.  I realize I cannot purchase any more items from IM with stripes.  I hope Isaac doesn't mind losing some of my business.  As for sending items back, I have become tired of loosing $10.00 every time there is a problem.  So much for quality.

Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac, why are you allowing your famous quality to slip?

If I receive any item from QVC with a defect, I call customer service, and they make a note not to charge me shipping. Also, write on the return slip where the defect is. I have only ordered three of Isaac's clothing, and have been very pleased with the quality. Some of his watches are not very good quality, and I have never been tempted to buy his handbags. Too blah, and bland. 

Honored Contributor

I have a feeling that the computer cutting the pieces can't "see" stripes.  Probably not plaids, either.  I tend to stick with flower and modernistic prints that can be sewn any which way.  My IM has been fine over the years, good consistent quality.  Same with Linea. 

Honored Contributor

I am quite convinced that no one reads any comments made on return slips.  We know this because of the quality &/or condition of items that we are sent.

When we think we are getting first time quality  never owned by anybody else items, we are not.  We are paying full price for garments and sometimes they are not brand new never touched or worn by someone before us.

No one reads our comments about such things of our return slips.  This should work but it doesn't.  Very sad to say.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD

I have been told by customer service to note defective items on my returns. I don't pay return shipping on a less than perfect item. They likely send my returns back out to other customers, but with my note at least I do not lose my shipping money. 

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne  I've never heard of any s/h charges being returned to someone (like you) as you describe.  I write comments/notes on my return slips if something is wrong with my item.  Never once have I had my s/h returned or credited back.

I've called CS on bad items too, nover has been offered me.

Lucky you I guess for the special assistance you get!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

I will also point out defects when sending things back and note on the slip that I do not want to be charged shipping either way.  So far, that has worked.  I am rather picky too.

One of the last things I got from Isaac was a printed cardigan sweater.  The print on the long sleeve extended too far and was into the cuff, which was supposed to be solid.  I sent that back as defective.  It gets very frustrating when you pay high prices and get poor quality from QVC.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Tissyanne  I've never heard of any s/h charges being returned to someone (like you) as you describe.  I write comments/notes on my return slips if something is wrong with my item.  Never once have I had my s/h returned or credited back.

I've called CS on bad items too, nover has been offered me.

Lucky you I guess for the special assistance you get!!! 

@PINKdogWOOD

I thought it was a policy of QVC to not charge shipping charges for defective items. I believe they even wrote that as part of the return policy. You may check there. I don't think that I am receiving special assistance. 

Edited to add: I just saw the post above mine, and Puppy Lips gets credited shipping as well  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I have returned one item where I checked the defective box on the return slip and shipping charges were refunded.  I didn't even call, just checked the box and added the comment on why they were defective.  

It was a pair of stunning Bixby earrings -- but the shepherds hook was too thick to fit in my ears.  Loved them and if there was any way I could have "fixed" it, I would have.  Never in my life have I had a pair of earrings that wouldn't fit.  Very strange.  

Contributor

Thanks to everyone for their thoughtful and informative responses.  I only posted because this is a new probem for me with IM.  After buying for years from his line I noticed the problem twice this past month.

I expect with QVC having their whole advertising behind quality, value..., they would keep those quality standards high.  If these items were in a brick and mortar store I would never make the purchase.  I would go through the stack or the rail to find one without a "flaw".

Someone made note that the cutting machine may not "see" the stripes.  I think this is a plausable explanation, but then I remembered none of the striped tops I ordered from j.crew had similair pattern issues.  In all I purchased about 24 j.crew items, they were were greatly discounted and had zero issues.   Since j.crew isn't exactly known for their quality, it makes me wonder if there is a manufacturing/ quality control issue somewhere in the IM line.

Since Isaac has long been known for his quality I was hoping someone from QVC or IM would see this and take note.