Occasional Contributor

Isaac watches and quality control?

i bought one of Isaac's watches.. I find it very disappointing that he was willing to put his name on a product that is terrible. It was Rose gold . I realize that it's not solid gold, but in less than 2 months, 100% of the plating was gone and of course I couldn't return it. Sorry but I won't be purchasing any more of his watches.

Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac watches and quality control?

I would call customer service.  If you bought it on or after Sept 25, you are covered by the holiday return policy.  

Occasional Contributor

I bought it before then unfortunately.  Granted, it wasn't $250, but still you would think they'd either have better quality plating or not do it at all.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Completely agree about calling CS, even if it wasn't on Holiday return the Q is pretty good like that.

Trusted Contributor

Im sorry to hear this.

I just bought MY FIRST ISAAC WATCH 2 WKS AGO !!

Now I am gonna rethink my purchase as after reading your post i looked at my watch and sure enough the rose on the hinges is beginning to discolor.

So love this watch.  I just may be returning.

Mine was 89.00 ....still alot of money. UGH

Honored Contributor

I've heard lots of complaints about rose gold plating on watches and jewelry.  Perhaps it's not suited for plating?  At any rate, I'd certainly call CS and complain as it ought to last longer than a few months.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

IMO watch and jewelry wise, you get what you pay for. IM's watches are very cheaply made, I bought one and would not buy another. That being said, the watch does keep good time even though it's cheap looking.

Honored Contributor

I have Isaac's original ceramic watch in white.  I think it has great quality and apparently I'm not alone because it gets many compliments.  No idea about the rest of the inventory, but certainly no ceramic selling for 10, 20 times its price is worth what women pay for it unless they are willing to pay for snob appeal.  I do know that in some circles that's very important.

Maybe the problem is with the plated watches?  Those I have not tried unless you count something I bought years ago for $10 at a flea market stand.  It wore for a couple of years before the plating wore away, but considering the price, I got more than my money's worth.

Honored Contributor

I own several of his watches.  I consider them fashion watches.  I wear them for fun and not everyday.  The ones I have purchased over the last five years all still work and look fine.