Honored Contributor

Isaac's upcoming cashmere TSV is so ugly, it's fugly. : (

[ Edited ]

I own so many of his cashmere sweaters; LOVE THEM. Was thrilled when I saw this UNTIL I discovered the sleeves stop ABOVE the elbow. What is he or QVC thinking?! Ruined it as you don't buy cashmere to layer over a long sleeve shirt.

If they had made it with long sleeves, it would have been perfect. If he had made the sleeves 3/4 length it would have worked but as it is...fugly.

Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac's upcoming cashmere TSv is so ugly, it's fugly. : (

@SahmIamI haven't seen that sweater, but I can tell you as someone who spends the winter in Florida, I buy practically nothing from QVC clothing during all the months they concentrate on clothing for cold weather.  Same as I stop going to brick and mortar stores around me here on Long Island once the summer sales end.

Not sure I understand what besides the short sleeves makes Isaac's sweater ugly, but ironically, now that you told me about the sleeves, I'm actually going to take a look and I wouldn't have done that on my own. TY for the info.

Regular Contributor

Re: Isaac's upcoming cashmere TSV is so ugly, it's fugly. : (

From the one picture I saw I wouldn't call it ugly (or fugly ☺️) but I can't do the high neck. Not flattering on me at all. Wish it were v neck but now I will save my $$ at least. I will be interested in watching at midnight.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Millie, the sleeves, in my opinion, throw off the lines of the sweater. It's tunic length, has a high mock turtleneck and very short sleeves with 3 inches of ribbing on them and along the edge of the tunic. If you saw the picture of the sweater, perhaps it would make more sense. They also only show it on models who are wearing long sleeve shirts the same shade as the sweater so it looks like it has long sleeves. My sis is a display designer for Saks and commented that you do that when you know something doesn't look appealing in it's original form.

But hey, glad to have brought it to your attention for a possible purchase! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SahmIamThanks for the details.  Now that I have the rest of your description, I can already decide it's not for me.  The sleeve length is a good idea for a Florida winter and the tunic length even works sometimes, but for me the high neck never.  I wear some sweaters when I'm in FL, just not anything with that neckline.  TY

Esteemed Contributor

I have a few of the sweaters that are elbow length and I love them...love the long sleeve too but I really don't wear cashmere for warmth; I wear fleece or heavier knits in our NE winter.  I wear long sleeve blouses with the elbow length and it looks fine or with elbow length tees and in the summer as a light cover over sleeveless tops or dresses.  It is a work horse for me and I like the quality. 

Regular Contributor

I don't understand why people have to be so mean spiritedSmiley Sad. If a person doesn't like something they should just pass on it. If everyone wore the same thing life would be boring.

I would love for there to be a picture of posters who make disparaging comments on apparel. 

There is enough negativity in the world...

Valued Contributor

I, too, was surprised when I saw it.  I think it's pretty bad looking.  The sleeves are awful.  

Respected Contributor

@marytoodles wrote:

I don't understand why people have to be so mean spiritedSmiley Sad. If a person doesn't like something they should just pass on it. If everyone wore the same thing life would be boring.

I would love for there to be a picture of posters who make disparaging comments on apparel. 

There is enough negativity in the world...

I don't think the posts are mean spirited at all. What's wrong with talking about FASHION  on a shopping channel board? So we should only post if we like something?  If everyone only posted the same thoughts  on anything this board would be boring.   Also what would  posting a pic of posters who write negative  comments on apparel even do?   I say if a sweater is ugly to someone and they want  to post about it,do it.  I looked at the sweater....it is pretty ugly.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think it's so much what you say, but how you say it. Fashion opinions are very subjective, as you pointed out. What one person thinks is ugly, another loves. There is a difference in making a declaritive statement: This sweater is ugly, and voicing an opinion: I really don't think this sweater would be attractive on me.

That said, when I saw the sweater, the first thing that came to mind is that it is designed to be a good gift. The relaxed, short sleeve style is such that it would fit just about anyone. I'm sure they think about minimizing post-holiday returns when designing the holiday line up.