Valued Contributor

Re: Isaac, STOP gathered waist bands!

People who care about a flat waistband are just trying to fool themselves that they aren't wearing elastic waist pants.  Nobody sees them anyway.  The thin gathered ones are more comfortable and don't roll over like the flat ones.  Who are you trying to fool???

Honored Contributor

@toria wrote:

People who care about a flat waistband are just trying to fool themselves that they aren't wearing elastic waist pants.  Nobody sees them anyway.  The thin gathered ones are more comfortable and don't roll over like the flat ones.  Who are you trying to fool???

@toria  The flat waistband pants I buy at LLBean never roll over for me. I think for myself they are the most comfortable. Why on earth would anyone care if they are wearing elastic around their waist instead of a button or zipper? I never heard of people 'fooling' themselves. Some posts on these forums make no sense. 

Frequent Contributor

My beef is that the faux pockets in the back cause lines and bumps on the back side where I would prefer a smooth look.

New Contributor

I too would love to see the IM 24/7 pants with a flat waistband. I have a couple of the 24/7 and I do not like the gathered waistband in the back. This means for me, that I cannot wear my top tucked in all the way with these pants. My top has to be worn so that it covers that awful elastic waistband in the back. A flat waistband would be so much more flattering and I would definitely own many more of the 24/7 pants. These things look like you are wearing a diaper!

Frequent Contributor

The waistband would be better if flat and I could also live without that style of faux pocket on the back.  With so many rayon-content fabrics - they show up as bumps across the back.  May be time for a re-do Isaac.  Love the fabric, though, and thank you for offering talls!