Trusted Contributor

Does Isaac’s Pima Cotton Shrink?

I've been leery of buying cotton due to shrinkage and would like to know if Isaac's Pima shrinks.  This may have been discussed before and I apologize for any repetition.  Thanks in advance!

Respected Contributor

Re: Does Isaac’s Pima Cotton Shrink?

[ Edited ]

@MJDinVegas wrote:

I've been leery of buying cotton due to shrinkage and would like to know if Isaac's Pima shrinks.  This may have been discussed before and I apologize for any repetition.  Thanks in advance!

Yes!! It does. 

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

Thank you, @fairydogmother !  Is the shrinkage one size or more in your experience?

Respected Contributor

@MJDinVegas   It hasn't shrunk for me.  I wash in cold, put in dryer for a few minutes, and then hang dry.  I have had great luck with all of his pima shirts and have lots and lots of them.  Check the measurements.

I have purchased a lot of his items when they go on sale, or as-is, but you have to be quick unless you wear a size XS or Small, since I find that the large and XL usually are sold out when they finally put them on clearance or at a reduced price.

I recommend them when on sale, I haven't purchased any for the $39 range, and first got hooked when I found some on clearance for around $18 and have been buying them on a regular basis whenever a see a color that I don't already have.  Nice quality, IMO.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 , thank you!  I wash all my clothing on cold and hang delicates to dry.  Good to know.  Thank you for the detail.  Think I'll add to my wishlist and watch prices.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MJDinVegas   If you happen to be a XXS, there is a pima tee for under $8.  I have it in my normal size (not a XXS), but if I could wear that size, I would buy all three colors available.  I have that particular top in several colors already.

A389762

Just search Isaac, and then sort by price (I do low to high), and then sort by your size, and you may be surprised on what is available and how reasonable they are sometimes.  Its a hit or miss, but sometimes I get lucky and get a nice shirt for between $10-$20.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

All 100% cotton can shrink. I rarely have any issues though. I wash them on gentle and lay them on a rack to dry. If they are too wrinkled coming out of the washer, I put them in the dryer for 1 minute and then put on a rack to dry.

Respected Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

Thank you, @fairydogmother !  Is the shrinkage one size or more in your experience?

Probably a size. Enough that I couldn't wear. In fairness, and after reading other posts, maybe some of the problem was mine- i didn't launder exactly like other ppl are doing. 
The fabric is so nice and soft. I would go ahead and order. Give one a try. 

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

All 100% cotton will shrink, just it's nature.  Remember when jeans were actually cotton?

I put mine in the dryer and expect most of the change to be in the length.  Just too lazy to baby a tee.

Trusted Contributor

I've had them shrink...not a full size, but enough to make them cling to the "love handles".  I order up a size so that I can wash them like my other tee shirts.  Wash in cold, dry on low for a few minutes and then hang to finish drying.