Esteemed Contributor

Re: 24/7 ankle or full length - what do you prefer?

I have both from his line and both work for me. with the ankle pant  I wear flats and if I am wearing the full length I wear a higher heel. You just have to know how to pull off the style so they do not look like the pant is not the right height.

Esteemed Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

I am also for long pants and I am not tall 5'4". Long boot cut, or wide legs.  In summer, I wear walking shorts,bermudas.  My DIL is nearly 6'. If I am buying pants for her, i check the length by holding the pants up under my arm and if they touch the floor, they are long enough for her.

Plus I think for ankle pants you really need VERY nice ankles.-------------tedEbear

Good point tedEbear I do have nice ankles. Never thought of that maybe that is why the style does not work well for some. Have a good day!

Contributor

I love the side zip ankle length version (I'm only 5'3 so they fit length wise perfectly as a normal pant). I really wish they weren't on clearance & had more colors.
Regular Contributor

I have all lengths and love them all.  Crop for summer.  Full length for dress and winter.  Ankle for fun, sass and my Laura Petrie days.  IM's 24/7 is all I weat since them make me look so much thinner.

Esteemed Contributor

I love ankle pants because I am only 5' 1\2" tall & they are regular length on me.  My all time favorite pants are the slim leg Apt. 9 from Kohl's.  I just wish that they came in other colors than just black.  My feet are small & I do have nice ankles.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like ankle pants on me or anyone else! I'm 5'8" and ankle pants just remind me of when I was a teenager and couldn't find pants that were long enough. I'm sticking with full length! I ordered them in a Tall size and they fit like full length pants!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I am only 5 ft 4 inches tall so on me the ankle pants become full length pants with no hemming needed. 

Respected Contributor

I only wear the ankle length in the summer with flats or sandles.  Prefer reg. length, straight or flared for  the colder months.

Occasional Contributor

GREAT question.  I can ONLY wear the ankle length in petite because I am 4'11". I have tried the regular length petite 24/7s but I  swim in them and would have to have them altered. I am so grateful for the ankle length and for not having to deal with the inconvenience and cost of having my fabulous 24/7s altered, From reading the other responses, I think they're breaking down by height of the customer. Short ones, such as myself, love the ankle length. Tall ones, not so much. Thanks for bringing up this subject! And thank you, QVC and Isaac Mizrahi for continuing to make ankle length 24/7 slacks. I LOVE THEM! (thanks for keeping those other customers happy with regular non-ankle lengths too!)