Esteemed Contributor

Re: white mailbox - yea or nay?

[ Edited ]

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@Allegheny wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

If it were me, I would spray paint the old one white.  If you don't like it, you could always paint it black again.

@CelticCrafter  That would be something I probably would do also if it still is in good condition.   One almost never gets the quality today of items from years ago.

@Allegheny and @CelticCrafter - I'm actually looking to purchase a new mailbox because the current one is beyond cleaning and repairs after so many decades; regardless of the color choice, a new box is necessary. Smiley Happy

loreqvc, keep the old one and use it in the back yard for a arts and crafts project.  I should like to keep it for sentemental reasons, being origional to the house.  With the right finish, a white mailbox should be easy to keep whiped down.  I would choose a larger, showy box rather than a smaller one.  I hope you find the perfect one,  SC

@Sweet Caroline 1 - Thanks. While I appreciate the idea of keeping the box around, it really has earned its retirement and won't be good for anything else. It also isn't anything special and it wasn't something I picked out, so there's not a lot of sentiment involved. Smiley Happy